Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Flir Duo Pro R in Microdrones - Time per interval

Dupas

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm flying a Flir Duo Pro R in a Microdrones drone. We are having trouble with finding the ideal mission parameters, namely the ideal relation between altitude, velocity and lateral and frontal overlap.
We are doing our surveys for archaeological purposes. We are trying to identify differences in soil temperature whenever there are buried features or negative structures (e.g. silos, ditches). It is easy to find literature on this, but they almost never specify the ideal relation between altitude and velocity. Also frontal and lateral overlap very dramatically in different papers.

If anyone can give me some advice, it would be very welcome.

That FLIR has a few different possible configurations including sensor resolution and focal length, and it also looks like it's video only with another degree of freedom on the frame rate, in addition to your intended target size. There is a GSK calculator at GSD Calculator - Ground Sample Distance. I would be inclined to put some thermal targets on the ground and experiment. Disposable handwarmers might work as a thermal source and could be started at different times to generate a simulated deltaT. What's a realistic deltaT for feature resolution? I'm assuming this would result from uneven heating from subsurface solar loading, perhaps from differential moisture retention?

Reactions: Dupas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143