Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Flying in PA

As a commercial pilot in PA, I was frustrated when I first saw this article. But if you actually read the law they have an exception for :
(e) Aerial data collection.--Subsection (a)(1) shall not apply if the conduct proscribed is committed by a person engaged in aerial data collection if:

(1) the person utilized the unmanned aircraft in a manner which complies with Federal Aviation Administration regulations or the unmanned aircraft is authorized by an exemption that is issued by the Federal Aviation Administration; and

(2) the person did not knowingly or intentionally conduct surveillance of another person in a private place.
So they did think about commercial operators

"“Some of the drones that are coming out now have zoom cameras that are built right into them,” said Sarvis. "

So do DSLR cameras or old analog cameras for that matter. Going to start rounding up photographers as well? You don't need a law; you just need to close your frickin' curtains....

Reactions: PatR and ABAerials
"“Some of the drones that are coming out now have zoom cameras that are built right into them,” said Sarvis. "

So do DSLR cameras or old analog cameras for that matter. Going to start rounding up photographers as well? You don't need a law; you just need to close your frickin' curtains....
Exactly

Not to mention red light and city mounted and privately mounted security cameras... government satellites can get pretty close too. Privacy now a days is just an illusion if you step outside... I’ve seen pics and video from surveillance aircraft that would blow your mind. You can barely see a dot of the airplane but they can read your paper you are holding.

No mention about restricting camera use with civil operated helicopters. So it’s ok if they do it , without a search warrant, but not for anyone else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker