Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

FYI for those seeking drone search/rescue training in New England and the MidWest

rcdancer

Approved Vendor
DSAR Member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronesar.info
We had a DSAR training session yesterday in NC with pilots from as far away as Colorado, Mass, and Ohio in attendance. The good news is that the two pilots from Mass are now qualified to open a New England DSAR Chapter and offer training up there. And the pilot from Denver, CO is now qualified to team up with our Board member in Colorado Springs and form a MidWest DSAR chapter and offer training out there.

Hopefully those two chapters will be up and running soon ...... with a little friendly push from BigA107, Aviator and myself.

Any New Englanders interested in getting involved in Drone Search & Rescue, please speak up. If there's enough interest we can schedule a training event in MA or NH - the event in North Carolina was wicked pissah!

Reactions: rcdancer
Any New Englanders interested in getting involved in Drone Search & Rescue, please speak up. If there's enough interest we can schedule a training event in MA or NH - the event in North Carolina was wicked pissah!
What pre-requisites are there as far as aircraft, experience, former SAR training, etc, etc. ? Also would contact be through a PM to you ??

Thanks in advance for your post/reply.

Hi Mac-

The prerequisites for training are pretty simple: You have a drone and you know how to fly it. For many actual S&R operations, you will need your Part 107 license - at the last training the majority of folks already had theirs.

The training is not a flight tutorial - you’ll need to know how to prepare your aircraft for flight, control it safely in flight, and land safely.

What do you think?

Sounds very interesting - sending PM (hope I do it correctly ?)

Hi—
One here from Massachusetts— now all I have to do is pass the exam next time I take it.

@H2-Flyer - tried starting a "conversation" with you about DSAR but not sure if I did it correctly - if it never went through let me know and I will attempt it again

Thanks

I'm in the seacoast area of New Hampshire, and i'd be interested. Currently flying a M2P, and have a Typhoo H Pro as a backup. I wouldn't even call it experience with them yet, but I've had minor exposure to the M2ED and the M210 as well. Also a 25+ year public safety background.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker