Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Good day - From Central VA!

engineer2loggie

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am a military retiree from central Virginia [Richmond]. I spent about 8 years building pontoon and fixed bridges for the Army, then achieved in school and was commissioned for the remainder of my career in the Army as a logistician, simulations officer, and knowledge manager. I loved my time serving, but miss those years being out in the elements, making a difference where the rubber met the road.

I've been flying for 1 year now. I recently achieved my goal of obtaining my 107 license. I helped some of my Vet-peers from a course we took to prep for their exams, as well as helping post-course completion. Needless to say, but I think my Vet-peers are some of the most well-deserving individuals after what the past 20 years has thrown at us. Hooah!

I'm hoping this forum will provide me with the ability to gain some good, bad, and indifferent insights about the drone industry [specifically with cell-tower and thermal inspections]. I have a desire to get my "feet wet", and push my chair back from the desk to get out into the field again. Albeit with levels of calculated risk analysis.

Glad to be part of the group!

Welcome to CDP .
Look around and find what your interest is and let it rip . Have any question's feel free to ask any staff
in a message concerning the forum and glad you have joined .
Enjoy and be safe .
0rojyyg-png.363

Reactions: engineer2loggie
Well welcome, and thank you for your service to our country. Write Langley a letter and offer your services. Best of luck to you, there are opportunities out there, just need to market yourself.

Welcome! I'm up the road from you in Goochland. There is a lot of opportunity here for aerial projects - although in my experience a lot of the inspection gigs are snapped up by more "corporate"/process oriented companies. Best of luck in your venture and thank you for your service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker