Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hangar 360 "No Fly Zone". (Issue Resolved)

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I have been hired by a Municpality to map the progress of a new school. While I was capturing data today, I tried to use Hangar 360 to create a 360 degree pano. For my purposes only. Used to use is app frequently. Haven't used it in two years. Flew to location and height using DJI Go app, terminate DJI and fired up Hangar 360. It displayed I was in a "No Fly Zone". When I tapped on the tag, it had a line that said, "RC Overrride". I know it is probably flagged as warning zone because it is a school, but how do I perform an RC Override?

I don't know about the RC override, but I have found I can do panos faster manually than most software like Litchi does. Using Litchi I could do three panos before needing to change batteries, manually I can do five. Also Litchi doesn't care if you are in a warning zone.

Thanks. Can you share the process? What are you using to capture, stitching, and do you need a viewer to make it available to others? Can I embed on my site or on some hosting site?

The way I shoot panos is I start with camera angle of +10 degrees, take 8 phones turning 45 degrees after each photo, move to -15 degrees, shoot 8 more, move to -40 degrees, shoot 8, move to -65 degrees and shoot 7, move to -90 degrees and shoot 2. Now that is with the X5 camera and 15mm lens, so depending on what camera you have, and the altitude you are shooting from you may need to adjust those numbers a little. I shoot panos at two elevations, 100 feet, and 200 feet.

Most of my panos are stitched by Multivista. The ones I stitch I use Microsoft ICE (Image Composition Editor). Once the pano is stitched you can share it with anyone.

Issue has been resolved. ID10T error. Just need to agree and submit mission anyway

So are you able to get your Hangar 360's uploaded and stitched via the app now? I have been using them for a few years and I've got 4 sets "stuck" in the app. I can't get Customer Service to even respond anymore.

As a side note: One of the original "principles" in Hangar 360 left the company and is now created:

spoke too soon. Took 4 sets yesterday. All seemed to upload successfully, but I get an error when launching them. "Error 360 Loading". I deleted the old app I had and downloaded a a fresh copy. Re-registered. All the ones I had created in the past couple years are available and working. the new ones are there, but get an error loading. Too bad because I like this app. Would be glad to pay for this service if it worked. I gave up on any support from them long ago. There support is currently offline. Found an easy solution in DroneDeploy. Didn't realize you can create them there. The only down side to Dronedeploy is that when you create and share out the link, it works great until you close our browser, then it dumps you into the drone deploy login screen. Not what my client will want to see.

Reactions: BigAl07
So are you able to get your Hangar 360's uploaded and stitched via the app now? I have been using them for a few years and I've got 4 sets "stuck" in the app. I can't get Customer Service to even respond anymore.

As a side note: One of the original "principles" in Hangar 360 left the company and is now created:

Just checked Hangar 360 app for the heck of it. My 4 sets of Panos from this week are online and accessible. Go figure??? Maybe someone from the company is monitoring my "Rant" and re-cycled the Services on the Server LOL

Reactions: dronelink
I can't get Customer Service to even respond anymore.

The Hangar 360 app and it's big brother, Autopilot, are by far the best autopilot apps out there. I've also had intermittent upload issues with Hangar 360, but Autopilot has worked basically flawlessly. But the issue with customer service defies explanation. I'm still trying to figure out what their business model is.

The Hangar 360 app and it's big brother, Autopilot, are by far the best autopilot apps out there. I've also had intermittent upload issues with Hangar 360, but Autopilot has worked basically flawlessly. But the issue with customer service defies explanation. I'm still trying to figure out what their business model is.

One of our larger Corp clients uses Hangar products on an Enterprise level and they have GREAT Customer Service.... I guess their business model is heavily geared towards that end of the clients.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905