Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hangar, by AirMap - new announcement (but vague)

Kristina Fowler

Reaction score
Before Hangar was acquired by AirMap, I thought the Hangar platform (specifically the "JobSight" product) was nothing short of spectacular in terms of curb appeal and ease of use for construction companies. I mean... it was off the charts useful and pragmatic. The visuals and archiving of past missions showing before and after comparisons were outstanding. However, I thought Hangar had issues with a proper business model. Hangar would deal at arm's length with construction companies and hire 107 pilots on the cheap to fly the missions for them. Hangar would make the lion's share of the revenue split and throw the pilots a bone. I always maintained they would have been better served to license the Hangar package to pilots and let the pilots re-brand it under their own banner. Alternatively, they could have also used the Maps Made Easy revenue model with its pay as you go method.

After AirMap scooped them up, they went dark... until now. A couple of days ago, AirMap sent out an email that simply repeated what we all already knew. See: Link to Email

Would anyone have any information as to what AirMap actually plans to do with Hangar??

Thanks in advance....

zp9cqfI.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlisonChar