Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Have a Pilot Certificate, question about 61.56 requirement

atlwannabe

Reaction score
Looking into getting a commercial operator certificate, doing the online course through FAAST. I see one of the requirements is to have a current 61.56 (BFR). I'm a working corporate pilot who does a 61.58 recurrent every 6 months - do I still need to have an actual BFR? It may even be something they can add to my next recurrent in a few weeks. Thanks!

Looking into getting a commercial operator certificate, doing the online course through FAAST. I see one of the requirements is to have a current 61.56 (BFR). I'm a working corporate pilot who does a 61.58 recurrent every 6 months - do I still need to have an actual BFR? It may even be something they can add to my next recurrent in a few weeks. Thanks!
And I think I’ve already answered my own question. Since I took a checkride for a new type rating in the past 24 months I satisfy 61.56(d)(1)

Reactions: BigAl07
And I think I’ve already answered my own question. Since I took a checkride for a new type rating in the past 24 months I satisfy 61.56(d)(1)

That's correct. As long as you're "Current" for your Part 61 rating (doesn't matter which one) you can take the abbreviated Part 107 course and exercise those privileges. But keep in mind that if at any time your Part 61 lapses, your Part 107 does as well.

Reactions: R.Perry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV