Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Have the hordes of 107 pilots thinned out in your area?

Kristina Fowler

Reaction score
I use to breeze through Craigslist to check the number of Part 107 drone pilots offering aerial services in my area. A few months after Part 107 came on the scene (approx MAR-APR 2017), the average number was about 7 or 8 on any given day. I checked a few minutes ago and there was none (zero). Have you noticed the same in your area? Has the industry quietly gone through a shakeout?

I think what you're seeing is that many realized CL wasn't a viable media for promotions/marketing and often times return more SPAM interest than real interest. I don't know that I would use that as an accurate scale of competition to go by.

The #'s have continued to soar at a pretty steady rate for the last 18 months or so after the initial monsoon of operators getting on the band wagon right after August 2016 when Part 107 went LIVE.

Reactions: Outta Control
I tend to agree with BIGAL. Not sure I would ever consider using CL to promote my business. I have tried selling a few things on CL and all you get is spam and people wanting something for nothing.

Places such as CL are probably a waste of time for promoting a drone business. You must first determine your target market, then aim your marketing specifically at them.
Not questioning the merits (or lack thereof) of craigslist. Simply noting it as a popular gathering place of 107 pilots at one point in time, and comparing it to today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlisonChar