Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from Montana

Welcome Dan.

Lots of knowledgable people here to help with anything you might need. What are you flying?

Thank you, I appreciate the welcome. Looking over the posts it looks like lots of great information. I am not flying anything right now. I'm putting together a 107 ground school and test prep, and at some point in the near future I will be taking the test myself and applying for the Remote Pilot Certificate.

I see you're in the drone supply business. When I get ready to purchase I will take a look at your inventory. I haven't purchased, or even flown a drone yet. :)

Thank you, I appreciate the welcome. Looking over the posts it looks like lots of great information. I am not flying anything right now. I'm putting together a 107 ground school and test prep, and at some point in the near future I will be taking the test myself and applying for the Remote Pilot Certificate.

I see you're in the drone supply business. When I get ready to purchase I will take a look at your inventory. I haven't purchased, or even flown a drone yet. :)
Excellent - when you say you are putting together a ground school and test prep, is that something you are offering as a class, making available online or just studying for yourself?

Great - we will check it out when its ready. We have customers ask all the time how to get ready to pass their test.

Oh ok, good to know. I will let you know when it's ready, thank you. As you might expect there is a fair amount of time involved to hit all of the areas within the ACS for the initial.

Flew a job in beautiful Montana (outside of Columbia Falls) this past October. Was a bit nervous about the local Grizzlies. That's what I needed the VO's for. (And the pepper spray.) Don't need a Grizzly walking up on me while I've got my eyes on the drone.

Reactions: Dan-RP
Flew a job in beautiful Montana (outside of Columbia Falls) this past October. Was a bit nervous about the local Grizzlies. That's what I needed the VO's for. (And the pepper spray.) Don't need a Grizzly walking up on me while I've got my eyes on the drone.

That's a nice area and yep, a higher risk of bear attack. You might have to pay your VO's combat pay.

Bear Attack near Columbia Falls

Reactions: MapMaker53
Yeah, being an east coast city boy, I sufficiently stressed myself out when I researched the area prior to my trip and watched a number of Grizzly charges on YouTube before the trip. LOL

Yeah, being an east coast city boy, I sufficiently stressed myself out when I researched the area prior to my trip and watched a number of Grizzly charges on YouTube before the trip. LOL
I hear ya. Chances are there will be no problems but good to have in mind what you will do if it does happen. Beyond that not much else you can do so may as well relax and have a good time. :)

Glad to see you join. I'm in Billings also. Working on an inspection job out of state. Best of luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM