Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello From Ontario!

Ask Ketchum

Reaction score
Hello all! I am an airline pilot planning to start a drone thermography /photo/videography side business in southern Ontario, Canada. I have a few years of drone piloting experience as a hobby and have recently received my advanced operator license from TC.

I am currently looking to purchase a commercial drone with both thermal imaging and a standard photo/video capabilities.

Looking forward to connecting with the community on here!

Welcome to CDP .
Look around and find what your interest is and let it rip . Have any question's feel free to ask any staff
in a message concerning the forum and glad you have joined .
Enjoy and be safe .
0rojyyg-png.363

Hello all! I am an airline pilot planning to start a drone thermography /photo/videography side business in southern Ontario, Canada. I have a few years of drone piloting experience as a hobby and have recently received my advanced operator license from TC.

I am currently looking to purchase a commercial drone with both thermal imaging and a standard photo/video capabilities.

Hi Welcome from Cyprus,
Although fairly new to the forum , I have been flying videography and photo assignments for about 5 years, good luck with your project. Best wishes UAV videography

Reactions: Ask Ketchum
By the way , we are considering leaving Cyprus after a couple of years here looking for better commercial opportunities for drone flying, vid and photo, may I ask what is the current market climate like for drone work in Canada, do you see it improving? best wishes UAVideography

Welcome to the forum, fellow Canadian.

Not sure what budget you’re working with, but I may have a VERY low hour M300 with H20T and D-RTK 2 for sale in the next few weeks. There hasn’t been much work for a drone of this size in my area.

By the way , we are considering leaving Cyprus after a couple of years here looking for better commercial opportunities for drone flying, vid and photo, may I ask what is the current market climate like for drone work in Canada, do you see it improving? best wishes UAVideography
I am not too sure now, I am going to be testing the market in the coming months and can let you know.

Not sure what budget you’re working with, but I may have a VERY low hour M300 with H20T and D-RTK 2 for sale in the next few weeks. There hasn’t been much work for a drone of this size in my area.
Hello, nice to meet you too. Thanks for the offer, that sounds like an awesome setup. I was hoping to start off with a lower budget enterprise drone such as the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced or the Phantom 4 RTK at first to test the waters and get comfortable working with clients before I upgrade to something like the M300. Still trying to figure out what to pursue (I'm thinking photography/videography, thermography, or photogrammetry) for my initial service offerings.

Hello, nice to meet you too. Thanks for the offer, that sounds like an awesome setup. I was hoping to start off with a lower budget enterprise drone such as the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced or the Phantom 4 RTK at first to test the waters and get comfortable working with clients before I upgrade to something like the M300. Still trying to figure out what to pursue (I'm thinking photography/videography, thermography, or photogrammetry) for my initial service offerings.
Hi I have a Phantom 4 RTK (new in February with 2 hrs 16 mins (short) flights) time and an RTK base station (D-RTK 2) - I would be happy to let them both go for about 6,300 pounds sterling, and will split the cost of shipping. let me know if you are interested, best wishes , Chris

Is yours the one for sale on Kijiji?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905