Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from Southern California

haveblue

Reaction score
Hello everyone:
I work for a public safety agency in Southern California and we have a small fleet of sUAS aircraft, (aka drones). Below is a list of what we use.
  • DJI Matrice 210 (Matrice 1)
  • DJI Matrice 210 (Matrice 3) *Matrice 2 in no longer in service
  • DJI Phantom 4 Pro (Phantom 1)
  • DJI Phantom 4 Pro (Phantom 2)
  • DJI Spark (Spark 1)
  • DJI Spark (Spark 2)
  • DJI Spark (Spark 3)
Cameras (payload):
  • Zenmuse Z30 (our workhorse)
  • Zenmuse XT (640 x 512) 30 Hz 13mm lens
Batteries:
  • TB-50 and TB-55 for Matrice
  • PH-4 for Phantom
  • MB1 for Sparks
We have been operational since 2017 and about 100 missions of various types. We have 4 pilots that are 107 rated and have also gone to various training drone classes in the area. We have also have a night waiver from the FAA.

We are a decent team, but we are all still gaining flight time and experience as we move along. Some of our learning was “trial by fire” type of learning, no major catastrophes, although we have our share of heart stopping moments.

I joined because I thought collaborating might be a good idea instead of searching this site anonymously. It’s difficult to get answers to questions by searching different sites instead of just asking directly. There are a lot of pilots on this site that seem to have a lot of knowledge to offer.

We are not looking for any publicity and our team likes being low-key due to the negative public perception (nothing illegal) of the type of operations we sometimes do.
Anyway, I will be posting questions from time to time. Before I ask any questions, I thought I would introduce myself.

Thanks,

Anthony

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the club, lots of good folks here. Just remember, everything on the internet is true. LOL

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
. ?.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku