Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Help! Need guidance on quoting a job

I use Litchi for most of my flying, but it is not a good option for mapping, particularly since it does not support automatically resuming after a battery change.

There are several apps focused on mapping that would be much better and free as flight controllers without using or paying for the actual processing service. I find myself using the Drone Deploy app most often, primarily because I can preplan missions on the PC. They had some glitches early on, but it is a stable app now and they continue to enhance it.

I have one quarry that I fly every month that has more than 400 feet of elevation changes and use the Map Pilot app from Maps Made Easy with the $10 Terrain Awareness feature there. But it has limitations such as having to plan on the iPad, no simple way to move a mission from one iPad to another, and no support for complex polygons which makes me fly more area than required. Most frustrating is the requirement to have Internet connectivity to download the terrain data with EVERY battery change. So I end up having to hike up a rock pile to get enough cell signal to slowly download the data, losing minutes of flight time on each battery.

2017-12-31_8-56-18.jpg

Would the Litchi app do the same thing, allowing for a rth to swap batteries and continue the mapping photo sequence?

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for the reply. I hate to admit, I can't even envision what 55 acres looks like. So I don't know how long it will take to shoot it.
Hey SkyFrog,

i have been surveying a local feild that is planned to have several soccer fields (4 i think). it is 18acres with a modest parking lot, a bathroom structure and a maintenance shed. flying at 120'alt i needed 2 batteries and took ~450pics to get proper overlap. i did a survey at 300'alt and only needed one battery but the weather conditions were favorable, no wind, and i used the battery down to scary-might-not-make-it-back level.

hope that helps in future planning if it comes again,
Scott

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM