Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hey all

djensen623

Reaction score
Just wanna say HI from coastal Brunswick County in North Carolina. I've been flying recreationally for years, started with a 3DR Solo and have a P4A now, and looking to take the Part 107 exam. Where is the best place for online training, learning centers, etc, to make taking the test as easy as possible? I know its not easy, and there are no shortcuts, which there shouldn't be for obvious reasons, but I'm looking for and guidance I can get for helping me learn the rules the best I can. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to our forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

I studied for 3 months before I sat for the exam. Purchased study guide as well as textbook for Solo pilot exam.I had to take recertification a couple of weeks ago and purchased an APP for 4.99 to refresh my forgotten knowledge. It was helpful. The initial exam is 60 questions and the recertification is only 40. Be prepared to know a little about weather systems before you sit for the exam. I've been told that there are not questions on weather anymore but that's false information. There were several on my reexam, at least 5 of the 40. It is always the luck of the draw as to what type question shows up on the exam as you are taking it. The APP had a few questions that were verbatim on the exam. I recommend that you study Sectional Maps since there are a lot of questions on how to read them.

Welcome to the forum from the mountains of NC.

I'm a big fan (and client) of Gold Seal UAV Groundschool. They have IMHO the best program to teach you the subject matter as opposed to teaching you how to take the test.

Also they offer a Pass of We Pay guarantee.

Reactions: Mavic Mac
I will second @BigAl07 statement. I took their course - followed their advice re: studying and passed my 107 on the first try. Most of the questions that were on my FAA 107 test had been explained in the Gold Seal course. If I can pass it you will be able to also without a problem if you put in the effort to do the studying - good luck !

Reactions: BigAl07
Hello and welcome aboard!
FWIW, I took the King Schools prep course and it was fine. Don't know how it compares to Gold Seal, but GS has been around longer than KS. KS also offers the Pass or it's Free guarantee.
Of course, YMMV, but give yourself a good three weeks of study. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM