Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

High Vis Clothing

colinjfischer

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good place to get high-vis clothing? Ideally, I would like to have some velcro on the vest or jacket for a nametag, along with company info.

Since I work on a construction site Vests and helmets are required. One requirement out company has is a vest with plenty of pockets. Many times will need to walk a site and having pockets for carrying extra batteries, and paperwork is very important to us. We can carry three extra pair of batteries in our vests.

Reactions: BigAl07
Since I work on a construction site Vests and helmets are required. One requirement out company has is a vest with plenty of pockets. Many times will need to walk a site and having pockets for carrying extra batteries, and paperwork is very important to us. We can carry three extra pair of batteries in our vests.

I like the idea of a HiVis with extra pockets. Can you link us your supplier?

This model has served us pretty well. It's meant for surveyors so it's got a nice plan pocket in the back as well as equipped for id and radios. It's built to be used daily so it will last us forever.

DEWALT X-Large High Visibility Green Heavy Duty Surveyor Vest-DSV521-XL - The Home Depot

high-visibility-green-dewalt-safety-vests-dsv521-xl-64_1000.jpg

Reactions: AIA.AI and BigAl07
I like the idea of a HiVis with extra pockets. Can you link us your supplier?

Our vests are ordered through our corporate in Vancouver BC. I'll go out and take a look at the vest and see if there is a manufacture ID on it. I sent a email to Vancouver requesting the source, but they move like molasses in the middle of winter. I will let you know.

Reactions: BigAl07
DSC_2204.JPG I got mine from MicroAerialPhoto.com. They did a great job and they do custom printing with logos. I will see if I can't get a photo of the front and back and put it on here. Great guy to work with and reasonable and good quality vests.

DSC_2203.JPG

Last edited:
I have just gotten some new hi vis gear for saftey and uniforms to wear to promote my business. I have also made a ID card for my vest and on the back of the card is my CASA - RPA Remote Operators Certificate (ReOC) that I can show anyone that comes up to me that I am certified to fly commercial for the Elevated Drone Control Zone.

For anyone in Perth Western Australia I went through Sprint Screen Printing & Embroidery in East Vic Park, WA. They can do 1+, unlike some places that state you must have a minimum of say 10-25 items for them to do it. I also have a 4x lawn signs that I use to advise the public that a UAV | Drone is in use and to stay 30m away from the UAV & Pilot.

Attachments

• IMG_6218.JPG
    IMG_6218.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6217.JPG
    IMG_6217.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6219.JPG
    IMG_6219.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6220.JPG
    IMG_6220.JPG