Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hoodman users? I need some advice

alkaye

Reaction score
Hi friends, I need some great advice. I own the Mavic Air2 and want to fly with an 8” tablet. I recently bought the Tripltek, but found it too heavy and did not fight the glare enough and expensive so returned it.

Today, I acquired the Hoodman HAV1and it is much better for me. The only issue is my Lenovo M8 is a bit too small and falls through it rather than lay on the back of it. Thus I seek your help.

Here are my needs

1/ A suggestion of the best tablet to use with the Hoodman HAV 1. It has to strap on correctly and be bright enough, but not break the bank as I will only use the tablet for flying. It can be 2019 or more current (as long as it is compatible with the Fly App)

2/ The best Tablet holder to use. I have a couple now and really like them (both made by Hanatora ) - with the bare tablet, but with the Hoodman, they are no longer gripping properly.

Thanks

Have you checked any 3d printing websites for a holder that would work for you? Even if you don’t have a printer someone may be able to print what you need economically

Are use the Apple mini five which gives me great results the screen is bright enough now I need the hood man hope that helps try it out in Best Buy if they have it available to look at

I use the iPad mini 4 with the Hoodman & it's the best. I rarely use the extension, just the square box is enough. It fits perfectly on the iPad.

I've had the most luck just finding a shady tree to stand under or facing away from the sun, bringing the controller close in for my shadow...but the most important factor is the brightness of the screen. Even with a shade, an iPad I had was simply inadequate outside in the daylight.

The only Hoodman product I have is the Loupe. It attaches to the back of a DSLR and has a magnifying lens you look through. (for getting focus tack)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143