Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

How to spot PTZ (Pan, tilt, zoom) Security cameras/small, on building security cameras on a Radio/Cell tower

a1ex

Reaction score
It's a little random, but there is a cell tower on a mountain above my house with over 100 PTZ (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) cameras employed to keep out trespassers. I'm wondering how to spot them from a distance using the drone/my eyesight because the cameras can easily see my house. I only have seen <25 on each tower, but there are more that I've wondered are cameras, but don't want to move closer due to interference. I'm 200-400 feet away, using a DJI Mini 2 SE (The Smallest Drone I have) and I need to spot cameras that are either mounted to the trees surrounding the area, mounted to the ground building, and mounted to the towers (Radio, Weather x2, Public Network/Cell). The towers are about 400-500 feet high, and have a broadcast range of up to 100 miles, according to the company's website. I need a way to spot them in order to put together a case for the company to either remove, or lower the PTZ system, and remove the hundreds of trail cams surrounding my property on multiple sides (I live near the access road) This is a bit of a weird request, but any answers would be much appreciated.

-Alex

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-08 9.14.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-08 9.14.02 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 13

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teas2024