Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

I need help from other M600 Pro users

Ol' Gzr

Reaction score
In addition to firmware upgrade issues my M600 Pro has started giving my IMU errors and even after recalibration the aircraft will not lift. Right now I'm looking at a $5K boat anchor. The aircraft is essentially brand new, maybe 8-10 flights since I got it in November. Any help or suggestions of how to trouble shoot and correct my problem will be very appreciated! I'd also like to hear other users experience with M600 Pro, good and bad.

I so far have not experienced any issues with the M600P. I did the FW update and checked all systems. I did find that the new FW did a factory reset on the my Channel Expansion Module.

Try posting a video of what is going on.

I so far have not experienced any issues with the M600P. I did the FW update and checked all systems. I did find that the new FW did a factory reset on the my Channel Expansion Module.

Try posting a video of what is going on.

Hey ! Thank you for replying, I'm really jammed here and all words of encouragement are welcome. When I do the FW update my controller won't link with the aircraft. It was great until about mid-January when I started getting IMU errors and poor image transmission. Now, after all the upgrading and downgrading back to working firmware, the aircraft refuses to launch, I recalibrate the IMUs and it still won't launch, the motors rev up like it should lift but it doesn't. I haven't tried to look at the logs because I don't know what to look for. How long have you had your M600P? I got mine in November and it was great while it worked. I'm really feeling pretty helpless at this point. So picture your M600P sitting there at full throttle and not lifting off for no obvious reason. I can't make a video until Friday at the earliest or more likely Saturday morning

Last edited:
I will try to help out as much as I can but based on what you are describing I really need to see the error screen shots. Does the AC and remote link up? What does the IMU meter look like? Does the error occur once you armed the motors?

I know this is a very common answer, but do check the firmware versions on you aircraft, remote controller and the app on the mobile device or CrystalSky monitor you fly with. Firmware mismatches can cause the exact behavior you are describing. We just heard of someone else with a rental drone filming a cruise ship that had the same problem. We had another one of our clients on board with another aircraft and helped them trouble shoot it. In the end, the rental company sent them a drone and remote that did not have compatible software. The drone would start up, but would not lift off. In fact, we were told they had to (dangerously) reach in and power the drone off using the battery button because the remote would not turn the aircraft off.

Bottom line, try the obvious trouble shooting routes first - sometimes you get lucky and come across an easy fix to get you back flying again.

Thank you all very much!
I will try to help out as much as I can but based on what you are describing I really need to see the error screen shots. Does the AC and remote link up? What does the IMU meter look like? Does the error occur once you armed the motors?
Thanks so much O.C., I will make a video asap, but I just can't do it today here at the house, it's not safe. if it decided to lift it would hit trees, it will have to be Friday. DJI support emailed a return shipping label, but I 'd really like to avoid returning if it all possible, but as mentioned, I'm up against that 6 month clock. I think if I could talk to someone one on the phone it would help.
The motors arm and rev up to max (sounds like it anyway) but it just sits there. Motor rotation checks out ok on DJI asst, IMUs ok too, but in the field, nope. If the IMU meter bar shows just a small bit of green does that mean the signal is weak? My underinformed opinion is I've got my firmware versions balled up, and a flaky IMU.
The firmware versions in place yesterday as follows;
DJI Go on iPad mini4 v 3.1.53
Aircraft v 1.00.01.67
Controller v1.2.10
camera (Z-30) v1.0.0.43
Flysafe DB v01.00.01.09
LB2 v 1.1.60
Is there a way to look back and find out what versions were in place a couple of months ago when it worked perfectly? Can some one post the versions you're using?
Thanks again for helping me out here, I'm optimistic about the outcome now!

I know this is a very common answer, but do check the firmware versions on you aircraft, remote controller and the app on the mobile device or CrystalSky monitor you fly with. Firmware mismatches can cause the exact behavior you are describing. We just heard of someone else with a rental drone filming a cruise ship that had the same problem. We had another one of our clients on board with another aircraft and helped them trouble shoot it. In the end, the rental company sent them a drone and remote that did not have compatible software. The drone would start up, but would not lift off. In fact, we were told they had to (dangerously) reach in and power the drone off using the battery button because the remote would not turn the aircraft off.

Bottom line, try the obvious trouble shooting routes first - sometimes you get lucky and come across an easy fix to get you back flying again.
Thanks A Million for your reply, it is very encouraging to me. I'm goin to do what I can today, I can't test it outside here but will get a video made tomorrow. With the latest LB2 upgrade my controller won't bind to the aircraft at all. Here's the FW versions I'm on right now;
DJI Go on iPad mini4 v 3.1.53
Aircraft v 1.00.01.67
Controller v1.2.10
camera (Z-30) v1.0.0.43
Flysafe DB v01.00.01.09
LB2 v 1.1.60
Thank you again for helping me out!

Thanks for posting your firmware versions. There is a very small note on the M600 Pro downloads page that points you to the links to upgrade your LB2 components (air and ground - ground is your remote). Here are the current version of LB2 and the link to the documentation on it:

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 11.45.45 AM.png

I think you will notice your air and ground side need to be updated.

When you are connected to the M600 with the DJI Assistant, you should be able to Choose LB2 instead of your M600 Pro and do the upgrades to LB2. Then your remote will also need to be upgraded to talk to the air unit.

Getting everything back talking the same language again should solve your issues.

Good luck!

Reactions: Outta Control
Thanks for posting your firmware versions. There is a very small note on the M600 Pro downloads page that points you to the links to upgrade your LB2 components (air and ground - ground is your remote). Here are the current version of LB2 and the link to the documentation on it:

View attachment 1185

When you are connected to the M600 with the DJI Assistant, you should be able to Choose LB2 instead of your M600 Pro and do the upgrades to LB2. Then your remote will also need to be upgraded to talk to the air unit.

Getting everything back talking the same language again should solve your issues.

Good luck!
I'm going to fess up and admit that I have no idea what DJI Assistant is and never used it. Educate me, please?

I'm going to fess up and admit that I have no idea what DJI Assistant is and never used it. Educate me, please?
Hi Luis. I am sure you have and are just calling it something else. The various DJI Assistants are the software you download on your computer to do all of your firmware updates. There is a DJI Assist for Matrice, one for the new TB50 Battery Station, DJI Assistant for Mavic, etc.

View attachment 1185

Good luck!
Thank you Sir! I will be tackling my firmware issues shortly, but right now I have to confess to being a careless idiot. I am embarrassed to admit, but kinda proud I figured it out, My lift-off issue is all my fault. I managed to get the props on M1 and M2 swapped the last time I had them off. The words trouble-shoot, and the encouraging vibe from all you guys got me motivated to look at everything one-more-time, from the bottom up. When I did the motor test with DJI asst. I knew what I'd done as soon M1 twitched, don't know why I missed it before. If not for y'all, I'd probably be boxing it up right now to send back. You've helped me become a better pilot and I am grateful to you all. I'll post an update after I do some firmware upgrades.

Hi Luis. I am sure you have and are just calling it something else. The various DJI Assistants are the software you download on your computer to do all of your firmware updates. There is a DJI Assist for Matrice, one for the new TB50 Battery Station, DJI Assistant for Mavic, etc.
Thanks. My M600P is new and the dealer handled all the FW updates so far. Guess I'll learn more in the next update. :)

Thank you Sir! I will be tackling my firmware issues shortly, but right now I have to confess to being a careless idiot. I am embarrassed to admit, but kinda proud I figured it out, My lift-off issue is all my fault. I managed to get the props on M1 and M2 swapped the last time I had them off. The words trouble-shoot, and the encouraging vibe from all you guys got me motivated to look at everything one-more-time, from the bottom up. When I did the motor test with DJI asst. I knew what I'd done as soon M1 twitched, don't know why I missed it before. If not for y'all, I'd probably be boxing it up right now to send back. You've helped me become a better pilot and I am grateful to you all. I'll post an update after I do some firmware upgrades.
Glad to hear it!

Good morning! Heading out for flight test (hopefully) soon, just want to say thanks again everybody! Also got a phone call from Shenzhen, China yesterday afternoon, DJI support. The connection was poor, but we managed to communicate. I wasn't expecting that. I'm still having issues Using Android apps, no connection. The DJI pilot Android app used to work great with the XT2, more functionality than the XT app (which is iOs only) and the DJI pilot iOS version isn't quite compatible with my iPad mini4. But it's all PROGRESS, right? I'll report back this evening, maybe have some cow-pasture pics to share.

Cheers, and thank you again !

Well, it flies just fine with the props on right! LOL, Sorry but no pictures. Using DJIGo I had video from the camera, with pan/tilt/zoom control but no shutter control. The button was there on the screen but would not trip the shutter in either still or video mode. Will refresh Z-30 FW tomorrow. Flew 2 sets of batteries with no other issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV