Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Images with Measurements

Agreed, the DD app to fly is free, although to fly without the paid features isn't above any other app... in my observations isn't the best option. But the collection of photos isn't the focus... it's the processing.
I don't understand what you are going on about.
Go back and read post #5 again and note how it addresses the OP's question.

If you're referring to when you noted you used DD for image capture, I think you meant your post #13.

There are a few free image capture solutions if free is important. SfM processing is another story. For small and/or infrequent processing it's hard to beat Maps Made Easy. Small projects are free and supply a place online for the client to be able to take measurements themselves. Or, they can use the downloadable assets to work locally with GE or QGIS for free if they have any tech ability at all. Large or steady work opens up the possibility to use a higher cost processing solution but I doubt Mr. Gavin, or anyone else wants to jump in to that extent without dipping a toe first !

Reactions: R Martin
I don't understand what you are going on about.
Using DD probably isn’t the best solution for OP’s request.
Dave’s summation concludes nicely.

If you're referring to when you noted you used DD for image capture, I think you meant your post #13.
I meant post #5 where I answered the OP's question and provided a detailed explanation to assist.
Using DD probably isn’t the best solution for OP’s request.
Dave’s summation concludes nicely.
It seems that all you can do is look for faults (even where there aren't any).
Perhaps my efforts were of more value to others though.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsneedtokno
I meant post #5 where I answered the OP's question and provided a detailed explanation to assist.

It seems that all you can do is look for faults (even where there aren't any).
Perhaps my efforts were of more value to others though.
I do hope your suggestions were received positive, DD is a great product.
Lower cost suggestions: Faults?
Interesting.

That is available within the URL link from MME. Use Chrome / Firefox and measuring tools are on the Web page next to Ortho Image.

I will highly agree, DD is a beautiful product, creates wonderful reports, and the "live view" feature is fantastic! But to have that functionality, it's over $3000 per yr. If busy you can pass it on to Client, but I prefer a lower cost option or Own the asset for that yearly cost.
I have done several projects with a friends DD account, I can not afford or justify the cost at this point in time. I am curious about using KLM files/google Earth....

another drone mapping software...https://www.opendronemap.org/webodm/
That is a good product to consider. They offer a Cloud associated product / service that uses ODM, called WebODM Lighting. UAV and Drone Mapping Software - WebODM Lightning
I’ve purchased some processing credits to explore... looks like good potential. There is a related thread that shows a few informal comparisons.

There are a few free image capture solutions if free is important. SfM processing is another story. For small and/or infrequent processing it's hard to beat Maps Made Easy. Small projects are free and supply a place online for the client to be able to take measurements themselves. Or, they can use the downloadable assets to work locally with GE or QGIS for free if they have any tech ability at all. Large or steady work opens up the possibility to use a higher cost processing solution but I doubt Mr. Gavin, or anyone else wants to jump in to that extent without dipping a toe first !
Maybe if several people went in on a biz account and divided the cost....it would be more affordable....

Reactions: BigAl07
Maybe if several people went in on a biz account and divided the cost....it would be more affordable....
Not sure how that flies... but that is a good idea for small shops or serious hobbyists. I’d entertain that one!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905