Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Inspire 1 v2 Motors

Aerial Insyte

Reaction score
Got a “new” inspire Refurbished 1.v2 the other day from drone nerds. I noticed all 4 motors are a little rough feeling , not binding or anything just rough. I wasn’t sure how the should feel so I too, it out for a flight , seems to fly great just curious is this normal ?

Not sure what exactly rough entail in this case. They should not feel like any metallic friction. However, the magnetic poles can be felt when you turn the propellers by hand, and turning them fast, will give a humming noise.
Just make sure that neither motors, nor propellers have any play, all must be firm or there could come unintended vibrations that could lead to damage and excess noise when flying.
Sometime the propellers get worn at the fixture to the motors. If that can be felt, change the propellers. If they still feel loose, then I would contact the seller and say they must send you new fixtures for the motors (assuming you feel like changing them yourself and the seller allow it).

If this is your first "medium" sized sUAS you may not be used to the "feel" of larger/stronger motors. I wouldn't call the Inspire motors "rough" but you can feel the "polarization" as you rotate that motors but no grinding/dragging feeling.

Thanks for the reply gents! I agree this is what I am feeling just wanted so assurance. I’ve ran 3 battery packs since I asked and no issues at all, flies like a dream.

Thanks for the reply gents! I agree this is what I am feeling just wanted so assurance. I’ve ran 3 battery packs since I asked and no issues at all, flies like a dream.
Part of your preflight should include running the motors at speed without the props. There should be no wobble or undue vibration, the gaps between the motor housing and the rotor caps should be even all the way around on all four, and the screws that hold everything together need to be tightened (gently because the components are plastic) because the lock-tight does break free without warning. After operation there should be no unusual smells (burning, ect..)

Reactions: R.P..R

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy