Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Is the FAA reviewing and approving airspace authorizations and Part 107 waivers during the shutdown?

RickMC

Reaction score
I'm just curious how the government shutdown is affecting the FAA process for reviewing authorization and waiver requests? I submitted an airspace authorization a little while ago, and I know they can take a while to begin with, but I was wondering if the FAA is even looking at any requests during the shutdown?

I don't think they are looking at them, as I got my first airspace waiver in about 3 1/2 days. My current one was started on Dec 28th and have heard nothing from the FAA.

I also put one in about month ago. I did Received a call from them. But the problem was there was no airport manager on staff since shutdown. He couldn’t process my request
Still standing by.

Thats good to hear. I will follow up on my request. But I don’t think it the FAA stalling. He said the airport manager at KDDC has been MIA.

I still haven’t heard a thing. The status of my authorization request still says “Submitted”. I submitted it over a week ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM