Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Job Available in Boston

Dave Pitman

Reaction score
Anyone looking for a gig in Boston, this was posted on another board.
Sounds like a good one.

Interesting, thing is sounds like they want something for nothing or very little.

Did you see their compensation on the post or link? I looked at the link and did not see anything and could not come up with anything suggesting to what you came up with ??

"thing is sounds like they want something for nothing or very little."

It says "Compensation is competitive ". That certainly wouldn't scare me off from talking to them about the job. I'm not sure how that translates into not wanting to pay, but whatever.

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ
They are open to bartering. Free for free. I give them credit for creativity, but it's a sure sign they are not looking to pay much for what sounds like a significant commitment of time and effort. Potentially 40 hours of one's time plus 1000 images/video plus "light post-production" editing. Seriously?

Last edited:
They are open to bartering. Free for free. I give them credit for creativity, but it's a sure sign they are not looking to pay much for what sounds like a significant commitment of time and effort. Potentially 40 hours of one's time plus 1000 images/video plus "light post-production" editing. Seriously?

lol, I think you guys should get out of drones and open your phyich tables! Where I'm at, we simply talk with someone about a gig to determine our interest.

As far as the value of bartering, it depends on your interest in what is being offered to determine value. Not the fact that someone offers to barter.

Tough area to fly. Across from Logan Int. You can get Waivers for this area, but it is a little work and a lot of planning.

Attachments

• BostonHarbor.jpg
    BostonHarbor.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 16
It says "Compensation is competitive ". That certainly wouldn't scare me off from talking to them about the job. I'm not sure how that translates into not wanting to pay, but whatever.

With the state of the current drone business market, we have to ask competitive relative to what? Relative to the real estate image compensation rates, corporate drone rates, power grid inspection rates, or agricultural/survey imagery rates?

With the state of the current drone business market, we have to ask competitive relative to what? Relative to the real estate image compensation rates, corporate drone rates, power grid inspection rates, or agricultural/survey imagery rates?

Pat, I know that you are intelligent enough that if you were interested, you could simply ask the dude, right? ;)

Guys, I'm sorry for posting that request in here. I won't make that mistake again.

I have no connection with the outfit at all and know nothing other than what it says. If I were interested in the gig, I would simply email or call him and ask.

We all know the low-ball customers are out there. But it's real easy (for me at least) to find out on things I may have interest in.

I really had no idea that so many of you make judgments by reading between the lines about things that may or may not be there rather than just making contact.

I get your point Dave, but ads are meant for classifieds. Anything posted here is open to discussion, even if based on mere hunch for conversation - because that is the purpose of a forum. But I think we all do appreciate your re-posting of the ad here for our possible personal benefit. I hope you continue to do so.

Last edited:
Guys, I'm sorry for posting that request in here. I won't make that mistake again.

I have no connection with the outfit at all and know nothing other than what it says. If I were interested in the gig, I would simply email or call him and ask.

We all know the low-ball customers are out there. But it's real easy (for me at least) to find out on things I may have interest in.

I really had no idea that so many of you make judgments by reading between the lines about things that may or may not be there rather than just making contact.

Thanks for your original post.

It's unfortunate that so many presumed the worst and made negative comments without inquiring about the details from the source.

I hope this doesn't discourage you from making other similar posts.

Pat, I know that you are intelligent enough that if you were interested, you could simply ask the dude, right? ;)

Of course, but it was fun tossing that out there. Ya have to admit, "competitive" in our industry covers a lot of territory. Now if people actually thought were were well trained, white collar professionals the range might tighten up a little. As things currently stand there are some that might view the 12 year old with a key chain camera on his "Lego" drone as a professional if the kid demanded money for a picture.

Dave,

Just to let you know, I never presumed anything relative to the ad or compensation. As you said, if I wanted or needed to know I would have inquired.

I learned my lesson about posting here a couple of years ago.. the responses made me go WTF?

Dave, Feel free to post interesting listings; even if not in a close location or direct interest, always good to read what's being offered in the industry.

What you don't see on Forum are the several interested Pilots that simply contacted the source. The other part of competition is making the agreement before others and if intersted they'd reach out to inquire... many quietly and privately.

Barter, if involves an interest can often have more worth than cash. No 1099, no tax, no purchase of offered interested trade and often the barter has greater perceived value.

Reactions: SanCap
Of course, but it was fun tossing that out there. Ya have to admit, "competitive" in our industry covers a lot of territory. Now if people actually thought were were well trained, white collar professionals the range might tighten up a little. As things currently stand there are some that might view the 12 year old with a key chain camera on his "Lego" drone as a professional if the kid demanded money for a picture.
There is always value... even entertainment value to "toss a bone" into the pack. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM