Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Just asking for a personal injury case

MapMaker53

Reaction score
Website
www.zazzle.com
Been on RC cruises prior to the pandemic but hadn't seen this. Apparently Royal Caribbean has started including drones in their cruise ice shows. Impressive that they have them programmed to fly within this confined space with a fairly low ceiling containing typical theater lighting and other obstructions above. I've been to other ice shows in this venue and there is no glass wall separating the audience from the ice rink. These drones are flying at audience eye level. Quite a liability I would think.

Reactions: BigAl07
You would think those drones were caged. Like the Mini’s prop cage.
Still doesn’t look good though. ?

If you look at the poles on the other side I would think they are there to support some transparent shield. Also looking at the floor and some reflections I think there may very well be shielding. If they don't have barriers they are very foolish.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
If you look at the poles on the other side I would think they are there to support some transparent shield. Also looking at the floor and some reflections I think there may very well be shielding. If they don't have barriers they are very foolish.

Those poles are always there to support some overhead structures and are actually set back a few rows from the front. (See image.) It's really a great intimate venue that gets you up-close to the professional skaters. But to dirkclod's point, the drones may at the very least be equipped with prop bumper guards. That I can't tell from the video.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 6
Geo fencing? They don't fly over the crowd at all and really aren't going to fast, the programing that is involved would have all safety procedures in effect.

Seems like the motion of the boat would effect their flight path.

Seems like the motion of the boat would effect their flight path.
I think the fleet of drones already have a huge forward inertia with the ship as they sit waiting to launch. That inertia would be carried into the air so that their flight patterns would remain accurate to their environment -- as long as the ship didn't start to veer off course while they were in the air or the seas got too rocky. Much like how an astronaut leaving the shuttle to do a space walk carries the 17,000+ mph forward inertia while floating outside the ship and manuvering with a jet pack.

Been on RC cruises prior to the pandemic but hadn't seen this. Apparently Royal Caribbean has started including drones in their cruise ice shows. Impressive that they have them programmed to fly within this confined space with a fairly low ceiling containing typical theater lighting and other obstructions above. I've been to other ice shows in this venue and there is no glass wall separating the audience from the ice rink. These drones are flying at audience eye level. Quite a liability I would think.

It’s all fun and games till the corneal lacerations start.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM