Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

LAANC can now approve night time operations

I just tested this in nearby Class D airspace, but it looks like LAANC now approves appropriate night time requests instead of automatically rejecting them. Officially WAHOO! or not?

edit: Confirmed by Jon, the head cheese at Aloft.
Hi are you current on your 107 cert? or hobby/recreational pilot?
Curious as to whom can get authorization for daytime/nighttime. Haven't kept up but I am current 107...

I just tested this in nearby Class D airspace, but it looks like LAANC now approves appropriate night time requests instead of automatically rejecting them. Officially WAHOO! or not?

Great video. Walks you through 107 request for LAANC request at night and above grid limits. Nice!

Hi are you current on your 107 cert? or hobby/recreational pilot?
Curious as to whom can get authorization for daytime/nighttime. Haven't kept up but I am current 107...
Yep still have a current 107, but fly recreationally sometimes too. Looks like both 107 and rec flyers can get LAANC authorization during the day, but only part 107 flights get approved at night.

If you're a little out of the loop, a new, free recurrent training rolled out on the faasafety.gov site back in April that is now required for night time operation. Also has some other info regarding Remote ID and flight over people and moving cars in it as well.

Reactions: TreeLineView
And just to be clear, you do not need LAANC authorization to fly at night in uncontrolled airspace for part 107. As long as you have lights, and the recurrent online training, you can fly at night under 107.

Yes, they removed some of the red tape, but be assured that you still should be using Best Practice around mitigating risk. I still use the steps and guide I outlined in my Daytime waiver that is now NULL and void. CYA in case something ever happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premier Drone Services