Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

LAANC issues

Fly Addie Fly

Reaction score
I have not been able to file LAANC permission with any of the apps. I have been filling with FAADronezone for all permits. I noticed lately that FAA is taking longer periods of time to approve permits. Has anyone else ha this experience with the permits lately? I noticed the FAA revamped their website and no longer show permits under review they keep them pending until they are approved. So, I have attempted to use Aloft ( not accepting my registration and I receive an error message), Airpmap referred me to Droneup ( I registered with Droneup but there is no visible way to file LAANC on app. Seriously, I am so frustrated with this process at the moment. Any suggestions welcomed!

Make sure it is in a LAANC controlled airspace. If it is not, it will fail an authorization because you don't need one. Using ALOFT, I just got immediate approval in a Class B airspace. Worked great!

My "go to" for LAANC authorization these days is Aloft. What error message do you get, Addie? Personally, I'd like the FAA to take over the LAANC approvals with their own app, rather than use third parties.

Reactions: BigAl07
Aloft is my go to and has been working well for me in the past several weeks. I also put in for manual in a Zero grid next to an airport last month and received manual approval in 4 days which surprised me. I wonder if the manual requests are handled by region and maybe yours is in a busy area? I'm in New England

I have not been able to file LAANC permission with any of the apps. I have been filling with FAADronezone for all permits. I noticed lately that FAA is taking longer periods of time to approve permits. Has anyone else ha this experience with the permits lately? I noticed the FAA revamped their website and no longer show permits under review they keep them pending until they are approved. So, I have attempted to use Aloft ( not accepting my registration and I receive an error message), Airpmap referred me to Droneup ( I registered with Droneup but there is no visible way to file LAANC on app. Seriously, I am so frustrated with this process at the moment. Any suggestions welcomed!
Aloft worked for me in the San Jose Class C airspace 2 weeks ago. It seems that you need to figure out why Aloft won’t accept your registration.

I ran into this problem recently with Airmap, but I was able to get authorization with Aloft without any problems once I figured out how to use the app.

Aloft is my go to and has been working well for me in the past several weeks. I also put in for manual in a Zero grid next to an airport last month and received manual approval in 4 days which surprised me. I wonder if the manual requests are handled by region and maybe yours is in a busy area? I'm in New England
I needed manual for a zero grid last weekend and used Aloft. Got an email 2 days later saying the request was canceled due to no reply from ATC.

I let the potential client know, and they hired somebody else. No doubt they now have illegally obtained aerial data. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest all their armpits.

Back to the thread: Aloft has been working for me lately. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905