Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Late introduction

ARCapslock

Reaction score
Greetings from Northern California,

I've been lurking here for a month or two (since I got my 107) learning as I prepare to launch a drone business, and hopefully transition into making it a full time job. I see some familiar names from the Mavic pilots forum, I apologize for the delayed introduction.

I've worked in the last decade in construction management and estimating on large projects, and prior to that I did tech support while I worked through college.

For now, I've decided to focus on mapping, modeling and progress updates for construction, development, and real estate companies as I have experience and contacts in the industries. However I would like to perhaps venture into agriculture and commercial work with multispectral and thermal sensors.

I have been able to get some experience pretty quickly doing several DroneBase mapping missions in my area on weekends with my P4P. The payouts have largely been pretty good, well worth it for me to spend half my Saturday flying my drone while getting paid experience. However, I know cutting out the middlemen and processing and delivering work myself is what is necessary for me to be viable as a business. Aside from that, I've been mapping and modeling small construction sites and buildings in my area for practice while I build a portfolio and website.

I've also been demoing Agisoft Metashape for the past few weeks and plan to purchase this software to use for mapping and modeling, as I prefer to do the work on my own machine, and I prefer to work on Apple computers. It seems like this program will be able to do everything I need for maps and models, but I'm still learning and trying to determine the best route for processing and delivering the product to clients.

Just this week I picked up a Emlid RS+ and some GCP markers, as I plan to experiment with using GCPs and improving the accuracy of my maps.

I'm here to learn as much as I can and hopefully contribute, so any feedback on my rough outline of a plan would be appreciated.

Hopefully that wasn't too long of an intro.

Thanks,
ARC

It was too long, lol but sound like you have a great plan. But it was too long, most people online 'read the headline' So I am an a former advertising marketing guy, all you needed was paragraph 2, 3, 7 ... Your plan could have been in a separate post. Now since I did read everything, congrats, also a smart move using Drone Base, kind of like getting paid to build experience! Nice to meet you and good luck.

Greetings from Northern California,

I've been lurking here for a month or two (since I got my 107) learning as I prepare to launch a drone business, and hopefully transition into making it a full time job. I see some familiar names from the Mavic pilots forum, I apologize for the delayed introduction.
Welcome to CDP .
Look around and find what your interest is and let it rip . Have any question's feel free to ask any staff
in a message concerning the forum and glad you have joined .
Enjoy and be safe .
0rojyyg-png.363

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shook DroneWorks LLC