Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Live Streaming A Charity Event

Ghost

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I have a charity event coming up in a couple weeks that I am supposed to "live stream" to their FB page. I went to the location today just to do a dry run and make sure all would go well. Everything seemed to go well until I realized that it was streaming to my FB page instead of the event page. When I set the ipad up to do the live stream I chose that page as the target of the live stream but when I went back to the page where you activate the "live stream" it keeps putting my personal account up. I am the owner of the event page and have all admin privileges. I would definitely appreciate some assistance.

An event page really doesn't have an account. Do you have all admin privileges on the Charity's page, and did you create the event as the charity?

An event page really doesn't have an account. Do you have all admin privileges on the Charity's page, and did you create the event as the charity?

The page is a "page" not a group. I am told that is the issue. I am also told that I will need to create a custom link in the go4 app to get it to stream to a "page". A lady from Ashville NC worked online with me for hours last night trying to get it to work. It did work, but I had to go to the page on my office pc and choose "live" and then start the stream from the go4 app then click go live on the office pc and it would work. The issue with this is I won't have an office pc in the remote location to start the stream with. I am hoping that I can do it with a lap top connected to the wifi on my truck but that has yet to be tested. One other thing that she suggested might work would be to schedule a "go live" event and make sure I got the drone up and streaming just before the set time. The issue with that is I will likely do several live streams the day of the event. I've got a the better part of two weeks to get it working and I don't give up easily.

P.S. The "page" that I am trying to "stream" to is actually owned by me. I set it up for the charity about 3 years ago.

Pay Dirt! Success at last!

I had to go to the FB page and click on "live" and when the page comes up there is a couple places near the bottom that contain some information.

One is "sever URL" and the other is "persistent stream key"

You have to copy both of these and put the information into the "Go4" app on the ipad to create a custom streaming connection.

The catch is that you need a second device logged on to the FB page (I was able to use my lap top connect to my trucks wifi) so that when you activate the drone to "go live" you can use the second device to choose "connect" and then "go live" on the FB page. If you try to do it with the ipad it will stop the stream.

I have to give a huge shout out to Erica Starling of Ashville NC for spending hours on face time with me to get this to work!! Where there is a will there is a way!

Sounds very complicated but could be very useful. Not sure if you know the answer, but can you have a private live stream. For instance you are shooting a scene and want the command group to see it. Could you use this set up privately? I know some agencies use Apple TV to set up a stream for command and I could use screen share to Chromecast or LG - (haven't tried it yet though).

Sounds very complicated but could be very useful. Not sure if you know the answer, but can you have a private live stream. For instance you are shooting a scene and want the command group to see it. Could you use this set up privately? I know some agencies use Apple TV to set up a stream for command and I could use screen share to Chromecast or LG - (haven't tried it yet though).

I would say in that situation it would be best to create a "private" group. Although I have not done it, streaming to a group is supposed to be easy and straight forward unlike streaming to a "page".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905