Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Logbooks?

I use the app for tracking maintenance and keeping records of my equipment. On every mission, I have paper pre-flight and post flight checklist, along with a mission sheet. Checklists keep me honest so I know I checked all equipment at least twice before every flight. The mission sheet has all my contact information on it if anyone of Authority shows up. I carry 3 months of paper logs with me alog with copies of all my licenses, insurance information and registration cards. COA as well

Reactions: Capt Binkley
Do you keep logbooks of your flights, or do you just let the apps track everything?
I keep a paper and electronic log book. One for company records and the paper copy in case the FAA ask. Obviously, the company record is only documenting company activity. The paper copy includes any recreational or flights that are not related to the company (RPIC duty, etc..)

Reactions: Capt Binkley
I keep a log only because the people I'm contracted to want it, I also keep maintenance records and monthly battery surveys.

I experienced the situation where had I not maintained pilot logs I could not have applied for and obtained a job.

The way regulations are right now there’s only a few times pilot flight logs can be of benefit. Not one second of a drone operator’s logged flight time can be used to qualify for another rating. As the industry diversifies and matures that will likely change, with operators that kept logs glad they did, and operators that did not kicking themselves in the butt.

Plan for tomorrow, not yesterday or today. A little extra effort today can end up making big bucks tomorrow.

When I was interview by the contractor at UC Merced they wanted to know how much experience I had. I gave them my log book, (All fixed wing aircraft) they seen the several thousand hours and I got the job. I probably had less that fifteen hour flying drones at that time. Like they say if you can't dazzle them with brilliance ........

I would like to be able to extract all of my flight logs from GO 4 and archive them in a file of some sort. Anyone know of a tool that will do this? I know that I can pull the last 8 flights from my phone/tablet, but there should be a way to extract the data that is stored in the app of all flights.

I would like to be able to extract all of my flight logs from GO 4 and archive them in a file of some sort. Anyone know of a tool that will do this? I know that I can pull the last 8 flights from my phone/tablet, but there should be a way to extract the data that is stored in the app of all flights.
Provided that you haven't deleted any data or folders, there are a number of commercial packages that can do this for you. I use one package for all my business flights, maintenance, training, etc.. I also keep paper records of all of my personal and business time.

I was thinking more along the lines of something that works off-line. I like airdata, but I was wanting to directly extract the data locally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM