Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Looking for a partner or Marketing/Sales guru

Mmiles246

Reaction score
Hi all. Long time stalker. I’ve had a drone business for going on 4 years now. The business just isn’t reaching the potential that I know it can. The reason is because my current business investor is not willing to spend the money to develop new business clients. All of our current clients are other drone service providers that we just fly and collect data for.

I’m looking to build new client base with the actual clients themselves (instead of DSPs). I don’t have a head for marketing and sales. I am hoping someone has insight they are willing to share.

Also, I’m possibly looking to start a new business or join another with a new partner that can help take the business to the next level. Our company mostly specializes in solar farm inspections, but we also work in telecom and utilities.

Any advice, recommendations, or even trolling is welcomed here. I need to know what I should do to change the business from a paying hobby to a true, full time gig.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . 👍

Reactions: GFields
Hi all. Long time stalker. I’ve had a drone business for going on 4 years now. The business just isn’t reaching the potential that I know it can. The reason is because my current business investor is not willing to spend the money to develop new business clients. All of our current clients are other drone service providers that we just fly and collect data for.

I’m looking to build new client base with the actual clients themselves (instead of DSPs). I don’t have a head for marketing and sales. I am hoping someone has insight they are willing to share.

Also, I’m possibly looking to start a new business or join another with a new partner that can help take the business to the next level. Our company mostly specializes in solar farm inspections, but we also work in telecom and utilities.

Any advice, recommendations, or even trolling is welcomed here. I need to know what I should do to change the business from a paying hobby to a true, full time gig.

Thanks.
Where are you located?

Hey Miles,
I'm just starting out in Florida myself.
I don't think you can work (privately) for a client that a dsp has sent you to previously.
Like a non-compete clause?

Well, clearly there going to be a huge need for LICENSED and insured drone pilots where the hurricane just damaged, for multiple items; inspections, verification, government request, security, media, etc. I’m working on my 107 but if I were you, I would put yourself out to these industries as an independent pilot and charge $75/hr plus hotel and Per diem and you’ll be flying 50 hours a week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM