Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

M210 Dual Gimbal Advice

TheEDCZone

Reaction score
Website
www.theedczone.com
Hi All,

A few weeks back I purchased a 2nd camera for my Matrice 210 namely the Zenmuse Z30 to go with the X5S I already have, now I currently only have 8x TB50's and know that I can still use the TB50's for a short period, however it will over time put a strain on the front two motors as the M210 will be out of balance, I am not in a position to buy a set of TB55's at $630+ AUD.

What I want to know if anyone else who has a M210 with the Dual gimbal flies it with just one camera and if they notice any extra discharge of the batteries? I don't really want to have to go back to a single gimbal, its to much of a pain in the arse to put back on. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_6745.jpg
    IMG_6745.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
We have tested the M210 with a single camera on top as your image suggests you may have. The balance is much better but still not perfect using the TB50's. Yes the small wires on the single to dual gimbal mounts are very fragile and should be changed out very cautiously.

Using a longer lens/sensor negates any visible props in the image such as the Olympus 45 or Z30 although you are limited to any steep down angles. It would be nice for a quick release dual to single mount for the lower gimbal plate. Maybe someone will create a 3rd party adapter in the future. It doesn't appear that that would be that difficult.

I do not think that using only 1 camera on a dual mount has any impact on battery consumption.

Reactions: TheEDCZone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM