Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Mavic 2 Pro FOV - 77 & 55 and Litchi camera settings

dougcjohn

Reaction score
A quick note that may be totally known by everyone except the idiot in the corner... me.
I was using Litchi creating a construction site Waypoint view and setup for Map Grid.
Previously used other Apps (autopilot, FlightPlan, etc), but have been attempting to adapt Litchi with the M2P with all the new enhancements and the death of AutoPilot and lack of M2P support.

The M2P provides a 77 degree FOV, (M2Z at 82 FOV). The Litchi app supports and provides all the M2P video sizes. As comparison, the Inspire or Matrice MFT 15mm is about the same at 72 FOV and the Oly Zuiko 12mm provides 84 degrees... all able to fly the same Litchi missions without requiring changes.

In the Litchi App when selecting the video, I selected 3840x2160 25 or 30fps but was needing to fuss & readjust angles to obtain an acceptable view I felt shouldn't be a struggle. I like the Litchi use of multiple POI's, negative depth and smooth transition which helps when other structures are close requiring a steeper gimbal angle. I increased the diameter of the mission beyond what I felt should be needed to capture the full site throughout the 360 route.

Later discovered Litchi App by default didn't uniquely identify the specific video "mode" UNTIL you selected & changed the video mode. By default, it displays 3840x2160 25fps which at glance is correct to Go.
The M2P has FULL and HQ video modes in all size options: 3840x2160 FULL 25fps and 3840x2160 HQ 25fps, and all the other sizes & fps. I had read where the HQ enhanced the video quality, and had't explored it much going forward. The HQ has a FOV of 55 and the FULL has FOV 77, a substantial 22 degree difference between the 2 video options of same size.

I normally open each camera variable, change if needed, close & open the next. I don't usually open & change, then change back. It appears Litchi has a video mode that matches the M2P but doesn't specify FULL or HQ and appears it takes what ever the previous value was within GO4app (guessing).
Once you select a M2P video option, the display box shows the full description 3840x2160 FULL 25fps instead of default of 3840x2160 25fps.

Again, may be a known point... just wanted to mention for those experimenting with Litchi.
A small item to watch out for if using the Mavic 2 Pro.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rats404