Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Medium size, medium cost drone recommendations?

clolsonus

Reaction score
We have a project where we are interested in carrying a mirrorless camera (estimating 1 lb. or 500 g payload -- give or take.) We are doing mapping and hunting for needles in the haystack so we would benefit from a higher quality camera/lens compared to a P4P or Mavic (both of which we already have.) I think we will be fine and happy with the camera fixed to the frame, so no gimbal to keep the setup simpler for now.

Right now we don't have a lot of time to build something from scratch and we don't have a spectacular equipment budget either. I stumbled on this hex setup, ready to fly:

https://uavsystemsinternational.com/products/tarot-x6

It runs the pixhawk controller which should be fine for us. I was just curious if anyone had any experience with this or something similar? Are there other options available in this rough size range and rough price range I should be considering? This will probably end up being close to $3k or a bit over if we get an extra battery or two. (Again, the main goal here is to haul a camera with a bigger sensor and bigger lens and higher quality than what you can get on the P4P or Mavic.)

Tarot-X6-Heavy-Lift-Payload-Drone-Full-Body-1_1024x1024.jpg

Thanks,

Curt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91