Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

MN Videographer Starting with M2P

timwdegner

Reaction score
Website
www.degner.studio
Hi everyone, my name is Tig and I'm brand new here. I'm 33, live in rural southern Minnesota with my better half and our ten-month old twins, and am a photo and videographer—I mostly shoot weddings. I've never touched a drone, much less piloted one, but in a few hours my new Mavic 2 Pro and Fly More kit will arrive. This is a capability I've anticipated adding to my wedding videography tool kit for a long time; one I intend to respect, and use with respect for airspace and safety.

So I've basically just been studying the FAA's Part 107 guidelines and info, and watching M2P beginner's guides and the "UAS/Drone Pilot Tutorials" playlist by "Pilot Training System" on YouTube. Would like to know if I'm spending my time well. I've also enrolled in the FAA's ALC-515 online course, and have been recommended a $7 app called "UAS107™ (FAA Part 107 Prep Exam)."

I'm here because I've found online forums to be a great source of information and community revolving around some of my other interests. Thanks to all of you here who take time to share your knowledge and experience with those of us who have much to learn.

(crossposted here and at a Mavic pilots forum, hope that's okay)

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum :)

Yes you can cross post because they are entirely different platforms although you'll see some familiar faces (aka names) common between them both.

Reactions: timwdegner
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
. ?.

Reactions: timwdegner
Hi Tig. I went through the long and complicated process of becoming commercially licensed in Minnesota. The 107 licensing is just the beginning. Let me know if you have any questions. Studying IS time well spent, and will be required if you plan to use the drone in your photography business.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM