Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Need your feedback

Isaac

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm Isaac, and Founder of a review site. I recently wrote a review about drones for kids here and wanted to get your feedback. My writer picked out the choices - but I feel that they may not be the best out there. Could use some expert advice so I can provide good insight to people who are actually interested in buying one for their children.. thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
What to buy for kids is a tough question. I believe what is more important is to enlighten parents of the responsibilities associated with flying drones and the basic FAA rules. Most parents may perceive them as harmless toys, but nothing can be further from the truth.
There are altitude restrictions set by the FAA. There not suppose to be flown over people and especially large crowds. There are air space restrictions such as around airports and national parks.
If a kids drone hits someone and injures them out comes the lawyers, the FAA, and the NTSB, and a drone can seriously injure someone.
I believe children that are given drones should be supervised by their parents until the parent feels the child is competent and educated enough to fly it safely and within the legal limits.

I'm sure there are many more people on this forum that can add to and probably improve on this advice, but that is my two cents worth.

I"m also an pilot with over 40 years of flying experience but that doesn't imply or qualify me as an expert with drones, but I do understand aviation, and anything that flies enters the world of aviation.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Hello guys, I'm Isaac, and Founder of a review site. I recently wrote a review about drones for kids here and wanted to get your feedback. My writer picked out the choices - but I feel that they may not be the best out there. Could use some expert advice so I can provide good insight to people who are actually interested in buying one for their children.. thanks in advance.
You do not say what country you are talking about and many countries prohibit minors from owning/operating a UAV.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmcclure.wadnr