Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

New Drone Registration for Recreational Flying

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought an Avaya to fly for fun with the kids. I went on my DroneZone account and added it under Recreational. Yes, this will ONLY ever be Recreational drone for me. No 107 flights. It let me add the drone under the Rec category without any charge? Also, did not get option to print out a Cert of Registration like I have for all my 107 drones. Is that correct?

Don't know about the new system, but my only rec registration (2018) came with a card to print.

You are going to like flying the Avata. I really like the motion controller and the avata has been the most fun flying of any of my drones in the last 5 years. I just registered the Avata under 107 (all my drones are registered 107), one day I may use this for a inspection. Several years ago after a heavy snow I did some videos of fallen tree damage on and around homes and had to use a dji spark to get through and around the fallen trees. The avata would have been perfect for those jobs. I have attached a avata video I made after only about 1 hour of use. I would also recommend upgrading your strap for the goggles.

Make sure the resolution is above 720 on you video player to view this I haven't messed with the avata recording settings yet. The speed looks faster than it really was (being closer to everything)

Reactions: wradar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143