Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

New Enterprise drones from Anzu Robotics with DJI hardware and Aloft software. Not Blue, not Green, but a way to skirt a possible DJI FCC ban.

jaja6009

Reaction score
Randall Warnas is behind the Raptor drones people have been talking about recently.
They are made with DJI hardware, built in Malaysia and use American software from Aloft.

They are around 40% more expensive than the DJI version, but at least if the DJI FCC ban happens, you can still have access to solid DJI Enterprise drones.

If this works out I wouldn't be surprised if a M30 clone comes out too.

Reactions: adm_geomatics
News of this started flying around our organization yesterday as we currently operate a large fleet of M3E's and M350's with RTK and a ban would put us in a really bad spot in Surveying and Construction. I also operate my own services company so I'm not so excited about the pricing but at least there's an option. We're currently trying to get a peek at the software platform as we already use Aloft for mission and fleet management so maybe there's an extra carrot there.

What needs to happen is them focus on implementing the software onto the already in use DJI drones. If DJI is working with them on using their technology this should be an easy implementation. Thus we can all breathe easy knowing our expensive drones don’t become paper weights.

What needs to happen is them focus on implementing the software onto the already in use DJI drones. If DJI is working with them on using their technology this should be an easy implementation. Thus we can all breathe easy knowing our expensive drones don’t become paper weights.
I would put money on the fact that unless DJI is secretly behind this venture that there is no way in hell they are going to share their proprietary code and in effect is why Aloft is involved. If you look at the situation in another way and the US govt were involved it could almost be reverse espionage.

I would put money on the fact that unless DJI is secretly behind this venture that there is no way in hell they are going to share their proprietary code and in effect is why Aloft is involved. If you look at the situation in another way and the US govt were involved it could almost be reverse espionage.
If I’m not mistaken now tho, third party software is already able to utilized on the DJI hardware, this would just be a more stable and suitable software from aloft. I also wouldn’t put it past DJI and Anzu creating a larger partnership to ensure the potential ban the us seems dead set on implementing doesn’t hurt them in the long run. There has to be a solution in the event the us grounds DJI and just selling a rebranded DJI at double to triple the cost to people who already spend thousands on a Dji isn’t a good idea.

If I’m not mistaken now tho, third party software is already able to utilized on the DJI hardware, this would just be a more stable and suitable software from aloft. I also wouldn’t put it past DJI and Anzu creating a larger partnership to ensure the potential ban the us seems dead set on implementing doesn’t hurt them in the long run. There has to be a solution in the event the us grounds DJI and just selling a rebranded DJI at double to triple the cost to people who already spend thousands on a Dji isn’t a good idea.
It seems that the US govt is serious enough about this that there will be controls in place to monitor Anzu activity with a high level of scrutiny. As far as access to the code goes 3rd party developers only have access to what DJI releases in the form of SDK's which is why more than 50% of internet traffic about DJI's is "can I map with x, or when will I be able to do such and such?" DJI played a risky game releasing their hardware and the currently available SDK's to that specific piece of hardware are already known and can easily be reverse-engineered if needed. I think the majority of us would rather that the USG and DJI come to some kind of agreement but it is what it is.

I am both happy and unhappy. On one hand we have an option of getting DJI's drones in the event of an FCC ban. This will allow for us to get the great DJI hardware.

On the other hand, the pricing will have us paying more. Also will the new software integrate into everything as it does now. I also hope that Flighthub 2 will still allow for integration as our organization uses and loves Flight Hub 2 with its free options and also for its pay per use structure.

On an off note, but not too far off, did the Tik Tok bill just get passed by being packaged in with the military aid package? This is what scares me with the FCC ban bill, that it will just get packaged in with other items and passed.

I have not purchased a needed M30T due to this FCC ban shadow lurking over us.

Reactions: adm_geomatics
I am both happy and unhappy. On one hand we have an option of getting DJI's drones in the event of an FCC ban. This will allow for us to get the great DJI hardware.

On the other hand, the pricing will have us paying more. Also will the new software integrate into everything as it does now. I also hope that Flighthub 2 will still allow for integration as our organization uses and loves Flight Hub 2 with its free options and also for its pay per use structure.

On an off note, but not too far off, did the Tik Tok bill just get passed by being packaged in with the military aid package? This is what scares me with the FCC ban bill, that it will just get packaged in with other items and passed.

I have not purchased a needed M30T due to this FCC ban shadow lurking over us.
Totally agree. We use FH2 at work and I started using it for my personal business about 8 months ago and just now feel comfortable with it and having access to the new modes has been great. I'd use DroneDeploy but they just don't have their RTK workflow down yet and the inability to use my local base cuts it. On a brighter side I use Aloft in both places so there may be a silver lining.

Reactions: jaja6009

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy