Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

New Highway Construction

B Coleman

Reaction score
Here in Northwest Arkansas, there is a lot of new highway/bypass construction in progress which is changing the landscape. Are these sites considered critical infrastructure of can I fly over them when workers are not present?

Here in Northwest Arkansas, there is a lot of new highway/bypass construction in progress which is changing the landscape. Are these sites considered critical infrastructure of can I fly over them when workers are not present?
Critical infrastructure covers power plants, wastewater treatment facilities, substations, etc, etc. Road/highway construction is not. As long as you conform to 107 regs you are good to go. Airspace restrictions still apply.

Reactions: adm_geomatics
It's just a personal project. I have been documenting the growth and changes in NWA for quite a few years. I tried to sell the idea to the area council on economic growth and to the state highway dept.a few years ago. The council relies on the state for pictures, and the state has ONE photographer who will occasionally do a flyover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B0054890