Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

New Remote Pilot from Gaithersburg, MD

kshaw

Reaction score
I have been a Private Pilot since the late 70's and have over 800 hours mostly in my Piper Warrior. I recently obtained my Remote Pilot license and have created a recreational drone program at Izaak Walton League of America, Rockville Chapter Izaak Walton League of America - Rockville Chapter with weekly flying events around our lake. IWLAR is a non-profit conservation organization. Initially, the plans were to offer an introduction to drones for youth, Scouts, and fathers as way to introduce kids to a new sport and get them outdoors. Instead, all of our participants so far are adults, and several participants have started study for the Remote Pilot exam. We also hope to use the drones for examination of our wood duck nesting boxes, management of our forest, and documentation of some of our programs such as Save Our Streams program. The wood duck boxes are located in swampy areas which can take quite an effort to inspect; the drones can easily enable us to check condition.

Last edited:
Welcome to CDP .
Look around and find what your interest is and let it rip . Have any question's feel free to ask any staff
in a message concerning the forum and glad you have joined .
Enjoy and be safe .
0rojyyg-png.363

Reactions: dronecyclops
I have been a Private Pilot since the late 70's and have over 800 hours mostly in my Piper Warrior. I recently obtained my Remote Pilot license and have created a recreational drone program at Izaak Walton League of America, Rockville Chapter Izaak Walton League of America - Rockville Chapter with weekly flying events around our lake. IWLAR is a non-profit conservation organization. Initially, the plans were to offer an introduction to drones for youth, Scouts, and fathers as way to introduce kids to a new sport and get them outdoors. Instead, all of our participants so far are adults, and several participants have started study for the Remote Pilot exam. We als0 hope to use the drones for examination of our wood duck nesting boxes, management of our forest, and documentation of some of our programs such as Save Our Streams program. The wood duck boxes are located in swampy areas which can take quite an effort to inspect; the drones can easily enable us to check condition.
Welcome! I lived in GBurg for over 20 years. Gaithersburg High School grad. Now in Leesburg VA across the Potomac from you. You are doing good work out there. Congrats and thank you for giving back - so important these days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143