Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

News Drone

401 Feet

DSAR Member
Reaction score
Drone FOX video helping with fatal crash investigation

I understand the need and request but is it just me or were there a few violations? Such as over people (107.39) and over vehicles? Did not see a waiver listed to them or as they said in the story (at the request of the police) they flew over, enough? Just curious and looking for clarification.

Drone FOX video helping with fatal crash investigation

I understand the need and request but is it just me or were there a few violations? Such as over people (107.39) and over vehicles? Did not see a waiver listed to them or as they said in the story (at the request of the police) they flew over, enough? Just curious and looking for clarification.

I was a police accident reconstructionist for ten years. A Phantom and Pix4D will render all that ground tech irrelevant. Canton will be getting a UAS real soon....

Reactions: BigAl07
I hear that! Was thinking the same thing. I was in a class in August that had a section on accident reconstruction. Only thing I thought may limit the drone reconstruction would be our weather. Seems like our major pile ups and accidents all occur when the weather is severe, be it feet of snow or icing conditions. Which again, I was surprised to see the drone over people and vehicles in recently icing conditions. (Cause for the accidents)
What's your thought on the above mentioned weather limitations??

I hear that! Was thinking the same thing. I was in a class in August that had a section on accident reconstruction. Only thing I thought may limit the drone reconstruction would be our weather. Seems like our major pile ups and accidents all occur when the weather is severe, be it feet of snow or icing conditions. Which again, I was surprised to see the drone over people and vehicles in recently icing conditions. (Cause for the accidents)
What's your thought on the above mentioned weather limitations??
Weather ??? Was that? ;)I spent my entire 32 years in LE in Arizona. I saw somewhere where someone is making rain covers for the P4P, and the Matrice 210 is supposed to be rain proof, or so they say....You have valid points about the Fox video, it is clearly flying over moving vehicles. They may get a warning from the feds...but I doubt it, since it wasn't some dip shooting a house but a bonafide emergency.
DJI Phantom 4 Wetsuit – Rainproof Your Drone!

I did reconstructions in the 90s, was a court qualified expert. I would have given my right testes for a drone back then.:eek:

Last edited:
It's obvious they operated the sUAS over the highway with traffic but in the big scheme of things it was done for an Emergency agency and there was minimal traffic in the area. I doubt a "ramp inspection" would even cause a 2nd look.

Re: Weather - Wx mins are pretty much set in stone without a waiver in hand. It's ironic that Wx cause many of the incidents that we need to fly in and it can easily ground our unit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91