Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

North Dakota here

Woogie

Reaction score
Hello to everyone.

I feel odd doing this, but I found the forums here after trying to find info on an ag drone that I have. Trying to find information on it or attempt to sell it.

But about me

I have been flying rc planes for over 20 years now, was certified with the military to fly multiple UAV systems, and am now just flying for fun.

I fly typically around the ND area just enjoying the outdoors and enjoying the time with my wife and kids.

Chris

Reactions: dirkclod
There are a few different groups up here...mostly quadcopter guys that I race with. I have been looking at different opportunities for commercial drone piloting up here in ND, especially with all the new drone laws and aviation space just opened in the area.

I would enjoy flying as a career to be honest, but it is hard to get into a company in the area, as everything is still new and many are keeping quiet about everything. I was able to talk to my buddies dad, a higher up at a local crop consulting company, to look into the drone options. They went for it, but the board of directors went with a government grant as I understand and purchased a really poorly designed product. That's the reason I have the unit now.....was either that or it was going in the trash.

Like I said having flown uav/uas vehicles for the military it would be fun to make it a career.

There are a few different groups up here...mostly quadcopter guys that I race with. I have been looking at different opportunities for commercial drone piloting up here in ND, especially with all the new drone laws and aviation space just opened in the area.

I would enjoy flying as a career to be honest, but it is hard to get into a company in the area, as everything is still new and many are keeping quiet about everything. I was able to talk to my buddies dad, a higher up at a local crop consulting company, to look into the drone options. They went for it, but the board of directors went with a government grant as I understand and purchased a really poorly designed product. That's the reason I have the unit now.....was either that or it was going in the trash.

Like I said having flown uav/uas vehicles for the military it would be fun to make it a career.

Cool. Do you have a website. I would recommend Wix.com. Its very popular and quite cheap.

Have you looked on MeetUp.com they have a lot of commercial social groups. Pirticularly in the construction industry.

Are there any sectors that appeal to you most, the key is get in with gatekeepers in the local area. Like local marketing companies who already have a stable to customers they can promote your business to. LOTS of ways to get customers without sending emails or cold calls.

There is no website for a comercial side of things. I will take a look at those sites and see what I cant find...honestly I wouldn't mind moving out of ND and to somewhere warmer. The snow, and cold are a pain in the joints for me anymore....and I am not that old!!! Lol

There is no website for a comercial side of things. I will take a look at those sites and see what I cant find...honestly I wouldn't mind moving out of ND and to somewhere warmer. The snow, and cold are a pain in the joints for me anymore....and I am not that old!!! Lol

Ok cool, any where you would like to move to. America is like seven countries in one. It seems to have everything.

Anywhere warm to be honest. Lol

Somewhere in the middle of the country. Though I have to be able to continue my other hobbies and keep my toys as well.

I honestly haven't put much thought into a specific area to be honest. Doing ag drones would be nice, as being around farmers now it would be like home. Though flying for something fun as well would be ok too.

May I ask what you are thinking? You have piqued my curiosity

I'm always interested in hearing about people getting into the drone business. Everyone seems to have different backgrounds but the same passions for drones lol

Sounds like you need to target the farming belt of America! Could be some great opportunities.

Got ya.

I have been looking into that honestly. I also just enjoy flying as well, though as of late my powered aircraft have been dwindling and more gliders have been entering the stable

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905