Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

NPR ON Point: Are drones dangerous?

LOL. I can agree to that but it is still relevant.
Heard the whole thing; the same sky is falling, terrorists are going to kill us at the Super Bowl nonsense. The DJI guy did ok. I must have missed the professional 107 operator invited to speak, oh right, none.....But I did like Bertha!:)

Heard the whole thing; the same sky is falling, terrorists are going to kill us at the Super Bowl nonsense. The DJI guy did ok. I must have missed the professional 107 operator invited to speak, oh right, none.....But I did like Bertha!:)

Unfortunately it is relevant. Policy makers listen to them to. So sad so many think NPR is fair and unbiased.

Just listened to the whole thing - not surprisingly the pilot incorrectly commented that no drones were supposed to be able to fly within 5 miles of the airports...and it sounded like they were suggesting that drones were going to get ADS-B transmitters so they could be tracked (but they did not specifically say it was ADS-B). Maybe they mean something else, but the ADS-B system (from what we have discussed with the FAA) is not set up to accommodate that much bandwidth from so many drones and ATC does not want to deal with them on their screens (although a filtering systems could easily take care of that). Thanks for posting it.

Reactions: Outta Control

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku