Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

One way BVLOS and landing with M300?

bandit77

Reaction score
Hello, Before anyone asks: yes we know the regulations ? we will have the permits to do this and for the first few flights we will follow the drone with the remote.

First this would be a proof of concept. Future use case would be a emergency medical device / urgent drug delivery to a close by island from the shore.

I know that one way flight plus landing can be done with DJI Mavic 2 and Litchi but Matrice 300 is a different beast ? I would really appreciate if someone knows how this could be done with Matrice 300. At this point any information would be helpful. Thanks.

It really depends on where you are located, but getting ready for a BVLOS waiver request you better have your ducks in a row with an SOP, maintenance plan and the technical flight plan already spelled out including mapping of existing air traffic and populated areas. You will want a parachute and anti-collision lights for sure and make sure to mention advanced dual control mode so that a pilot on the other end can safely land. It's very doubtful there are going to approve it landing completely on it's own. I have not seen a case where a standard quadcopter has be granted a BVLOS waiver so finding that might be a good place to start for precedence. Honestly if you have gone through the process to understand the regulations then you should already know all of this.

Hello, Before anyone asks: yes we know the regulations ? we will have the permits to do this and for the first few flights we will follow the drone with the remote.

First this would be a proof of concept. Future use case would be a emergency medical device / urgent drug delivery to a close by island from the shore.

I know that one way flight plus landing can be done with DJI Mavic 2 and Litchi but Matrice 300 is a different beast ? I would really appreciate if someone knows how this could be done with Matrice 300. At this point any information would be helpful. Thanks.

First off... it helps to know your "general" location for such topics if discussing "legal issues". Since you've already nipped that conversation in the bud lets get to the technical portion . . .

From a mechanical stand point, yes the M300 can be remotely landed. I'm not sure if Litchi works with M300 but it's not impossible to remotely land and takeoff again with the M300.

I swear as soon as I said it here comes the first autonomous commercial operations approval and it just so happens to be a quad. Here's the thing though... I wouldn't consider this BVLOS because the design intent is full autonomy without pilot and it seems that this is meant for site specific operations so shouldn't it be another category?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy