Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

OOP/OOMV PRS Comparison ParaZero with Waiver Vs AVSS with Category 2 DOC Approval

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
Things are developing fast related to OOP/OOMV these days. Wanted to start a thread to get the most accurate information out there as of TODAY. Figured this would be the quickest way to get those in the know to share this information. Questions I can think of? What does each solution require to operate? Altitude,(Related to parachute safely deploying), prop guard requirements, anti-collision beacon requirement, sustained flight over people and vehicles. What does this mean? Examples. Hovering over open crowd and persistent vehicle traffic? Transition verse hovering for 1 minute, 5 minutes?

Anyone that has experience with flying either of these two PRS systems, please share your experience. Thanks Vic for you unboxing and first flight video you just created. Anyone fly with the AVSS mounted yet? What are the restrictions on safe operation related to operating wind speed?

Vic Moss ParaZero Unboxing:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Vic Moss
BIlly Kyle flew the AVSS a few days ago. If you're going to fly the Mavic 3 E or Mavic 3 T, it's probably a better way to go. No waiver needed. But if you want to fly any of the other Mavic 3 series, you'll need a waiver and the ParaZero. I'm surprised Billy used the Mavic 3 E on the video. Billy shoots videos and stills. We would be better off with the ParaZero. That can be used on his Mavic 3 Pro, which is the drone he usually flies for work.

Thanks for posting a link to my video.

As far as wind speed, there is no limit, but I will tell you that the drone will fly differently with the prop guards on. And the AVSS doesn't require prop guards. I've applied for a modification for my waiver to get the prop guards requirement removed. I'll post what happens with that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The dealbreaker for me on the AVSS with the Mavic 3 E is that you cannot use the RTK module.

Once you start using RTK or PPK to map, its a huge step backwards to go back to laying all of the extra control points for both check points and ground control points.

I am really looking at buying the Matrice 3D without the dock and using it as a mapping drone since with its built in RTK module, the AVSS system will allow for RTK/PPK mapping. Hello, city mapping, which would be a huge boom for my city.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kalyaniarcadia