Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Operations Manual

Guardian44

Reaction score
Hi everyone-

I'm new on the commercial side of flying, and I'm trying to get started with my business. I come from a public safety background, and everything we do at my agency is based on policies. We have policies and operation manuals for everything.

So, being from that mindset, do any of you who are small operations (aka- it's just me!) have anything resembling an operations manual, or policies? I've seen some insurance questions that seem to indicate a discount for having certain procedures (emergency, takeoff, landing, etc) in place.

Clearly, I'm not going to have a multi-volume, spiral bound operations manual, but should I have some written documentation in place as a safeguard?

Thanks
-Eric

First develop some basic checklists around preflight and maintenance and from there you have some groundwork for SOP documentation. Safety and incident reporting can also be helpful. Just don’t let the “process documentation” overwhelm actual operations.

Hi everyone-

I'm new on the commercial side of flying, and I'm trying to get started with my business. I come from a public safety background, and everything we do at my agency is based on policies. We have policies and operation manuals for everything.

So, being from that mindset, do any of you who are small operations (aka- it's just me!) have anything resembling an operations manual, or policies? I've seen some insurance questions that seem to indicate a discount for having certain procedures (emergency, takeoff, landing, etc) in place.

Clearly, I'm not going to have a multi-volume, spiral bound operations manual, but should I have some written documentation in place as a safeguard?

Thanks
-Eric
PM me.

This is a good 4 book series that's loaded with policy and procedure templates:

Reactions: skiptv and R Martin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy