Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Overlaying housing plots into your video

Okay let's see if I can figure this out. The spinning parts are created in Google Earth. (Note the Google watermark.) You can superimpose an image onto the Google Earth surface, set up a few snapshot views (from the north, west, south, and east), and then record a video as you "fly" the Google camera from view to view. You will also note that the aerial used during the Google spinning segments is not as up to date as the aerial view of the non-spinning video segments. The spinning segments also do not contain any moving vehicles. The paused views are videos taken by a drone which match up with the view of the Google video pauses. The drone-taken video segments have live traffic moving, and because it is a non-spinning/moving video it is relatively easy to overlay the same plot plan drawing onto it and distort the plot plan image into a perspective view in a video editing software like DaVinci Resolve or After Effects. Then you take the spinning Google Earth video and splice the live drone video segments into it with a fade between segments to somewhat blend them together. Add the road names in as the last post-production phase and I think you would wind up with this type of very cool presentation. Trickiest part is probably adding in the 3D road names and matching them up with the spin.

Last edited:
The paused views are videos taken by a drone which match up with the view of the Google video pauses.

I dont think any of it is drone video, maybe some stills superimposed. Those moving cars look CGI, or everyone drives exactly the same speed there. I think someone used a lot of sketchup or similar 3D CAD and a feature of it is to add moving cars. Those cars were the ONLY things moving in any of it.

Those are definitely drone videos taken at 3 sides and 2 corners. Personally, I would have taken the videos at higher altitude (unless laanc height restricted, which much of Vegas is because of airport and airforce)

Reactions: MCW LLC
I dont think any of it is drone video, maybe some stills superimposed. Those moving cars look CGI, or everyone drives exactly the same speed there. I think someone used a lot of sketchup or similar 3D CAD and a feature of it is to add moving cars. Those cars were the ONLY things moving in any of it.
Yeah, I too initially thought those moving cars looked a little CGI-ish, I think because they are the only things moving. But when you think about it, what else would you see moving? Certainly not people walking along those roads, and not at that scale. Also at that scale, vehicle speeds that may vary by only 10-20 mph will be imperceptible and appear to all be going the same speed. And why would the creator of this video spend a lot more money creating an expensive CGI environment when it is much cheaper to just put a drone into the air for a few live videos? I'm pretty convinced it is live video.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91