Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

P4P through smoke

RNCotton

Reaction score
Website
www.rogercotton.com
For no reason other than the opportunity presented itself this afternoon, I took the P4 Pro up to see what it thought about smoke. This was venting theatrical smoke from our firefighting prop.

When trying to fly straight in, the drone hesitated and stopped, sensing the smoke as an obstacle, and would not let me fly any further. I turned on narrow sensing mode, and it let me fly in, then stopped once it got inside and would not let me fly forward again. I had to come out laterally.

I made another pass, and the same thing ... obstacle sensing stopped the forward motion until I turned on narrow sensing mode. But it did let me go all the way through this time.

Flying backwards through the smoke was no issue.

Reactions: Moosewax
For no reason other than the opportunity presented itself this afternoon, I took the P4 Pro up to see what it thought about smoke. This was venting theatrical smoke from our firefighting prop.

When trying to fly straight in, the drone hesitated and stopped, sensing the smoke as an obstacle, and would not let me fly any further. I turned on narrow sensing mode, and it let me fly in, then stopped once it got inside and would not let me fly forward again. I had to come out laterally.

I made another pass, and the same thing ... obstacle sensing stopped the forward motion until I turned on narrow sensing mode. But it did let me go all the way through this time.

Try turning off vision positioning and obstacle sensing...but be "on the sticks" just in case things go sideways.

I am very close to upgrading from my P3A to a P4P. Are there any other pros or cons I should know? Thanks!

Go for it is what I would say. I have a 3pro and a 4pro and the four is so much better. Flying in ATTI the other day in a 15-20 kt wind and it was so stable. Brilliant pics, and a great aircraft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN