Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

ParaZero for Phantom

philsmith76

Reaction score
Looks like ParaZero for Phantom released some videos [ ParaZero ]
After watching I’m really interested in it. Does anyone here have a flight over people waiver yet?

Looks like ParaZero for Phantom released some videos [ ParaZero ]
After watching I’m really interested in it. Does anyone here have a flight over people waiver yet?

Unless this has recently changed no one has gotten a flight over people waiver just by having a parachute system on a multirotor.

That is one of the toughest waivers to get at this time.

The is some small camera quadcopter that is friable and breaks apart on crashing to reduce the kinetic impact that got it. And the Sensefly eBee which is a small foamie wing with a rear mounted motor aircraft used for mapping that also got it.

Plus the tiny FLIR drone, palm sized helicopter/tail rotor

You can look at the waivers list yourself under the Approved Waivers List on the FAAs website. Once there do a filter search on 107.39 Operation over human beings

Yeah I haven’t looked at that list of approved waiver for awhile now. Looks like quite a few approved in the last six months. I’m amazed if you look at the Operations Special Provisions of the 107.39 waivers how detailed they are. The regs are very specific, as they should me. I did not know there is a 107.39 A and B(for moving vehicles)

Also I looked at my 107.29 from April 2017 and compared with the latest approved 107.29s and the Operations Special Provisions are now more detailed. Go figure.

we have added the PZ system to all of our P4P currently but are grounded from flying currently. I am trying to leverage industry leaders to "sell" the safety of flying our projects. we are also looking into the waiver but even if we had it convincing our safety teams that the drones arnt going to kill someone if they fall out of the air the PZ system doesn't do us any good.

You have the parazero safe air for p4p. Where did you buy it? Everywhere I look it’s for preorder. I would like to have one as well.

Nevermind....I was looking at bh photo. Amazon now shows in stock

If your able to get via amazon thats great. We did contact parazero as well as our corporate rep at B/H to be able to get them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN