Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Part 107 Initial Test Prep Suggestions

SpottedFrogg

Reaction score
Hello all! I am new here (please forgive me if this has been covered already). What advice would you give to me as I start preparing for Part 107 testing. I've read through some documentation and yes I know there are many paid options out there to prepare for the test. But knowing what you know now where would you turn to for help in test preparation?
Thanks!!

Reactions: dronecyclops
Hello all! I am new here (please forgive me if this has been covered already). What advice would you give to me as I start preparing for Part 107 testing. I've read through some documentation and yes I know there are many paid options out there to prepare for the test. But knowing what you know now where would you turn to for help in test preparation?
Thanks!!
It depends a lot on how much you already know about flying there is several available youtube has a lot of videos to give you a idea if you do not have any experience I would recommend Gold Seal taught by former FAA experts they are very reputable

Thanks!!
If you are short of cash try this video.

First off WELCOME to the forum!!

It really depends on several factors (like well stated above).

Some people do really well by simply watching a few videos and reviewing the free resources available on the web. Others need a more structured and guided process. One isn't "better" than the other it just depends.

We just and recommend Gold Seal UAV Groundschool to all of our clients. They are FAA Flight Instructors who also happen to be UAS experts and they have an outstanding curriculum. They are also a SPONSOR on this forum and help to keep this FREE for our members. Lastly they offer a DISCOUNT to forum members.

Here's a similar thread for you to look over:

It depends a lot on how much you already know about flying there is several available youtube has a lot of videos to give you a idea if you do not have any experience I would recommend Gold Seal taught by former FAA experts they are very reputable

I started from scratch. Didn't know bubkiss about FAA regs.

I took the Gold Seal ground school course. It is excellent. But.... I also took every practice exam I could find on the Internet.

Picked up the ASA study guide (Amazon $16). Came with the Airman Knowledge Testing Supliment (a must have) and free practice exams.

Went over the Gold Seal modules until I could practically repeat them from memory. Took the practice quizzes multiple times.

Paid off. I pulled a much better grade than I expected on the exam.

Study hard and you’ll be fine.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks!!
Hi, I did mine a while ago, but I used PTS and it went really well for me, super resourceful. I know that because of the coronavirus they made their course free. I'll give you the link to the video announcement:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91