Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Passed my part 107 exam today!

wilmutiny3

Reaction score
I passed the exam and applied for my license! Today is an excellent day. I'm hoping to get a few side jobs and monetize some of the videos from my trips either for stock footage or to use on YouTube as example of services I can provide. Does anyone have any tips or advice for me?

Congratulations!

Don't quit your day job. (But you knew that...)
Lol Fortunately my day job is seasonal so I get lots of time to play and I’m hoping to just trickle in enough income to pay for the hobby!

I passed the exam and applied for my license! Today is an excellent day. I'm hoping to get a few side jobs and monetize some of the videos from my trips either for stock footage or to use on YouTube as example of services I can provide. Does anyone have any tips or advice for me?
Congratulations

Reactions: wilmutiny3
Congrats and fly safe.

Reactions: wilmutiny3
Good for you. Advice, don't work cheap. value your time and charge accordingly.
Is there a set amount of hours of experience that take you from beginning to whatever the next level is? I assume those with more experience can charge more?

That is a good question and I'm probably the wrong person to ask. Once you can handle your drone well, and take good photos and videos then your just as good as anyone else. Now there are folks on her like Fred that are professional photographers that can demand more because of their photographic knowledge and experience. However most of the time basic good quality photos and videos will do.
The income levels vary throughout the country as does the cost of living. I live in California and nothing is inexpensive here, so it stands to reason we need to charge more for our services.

Reactions: Fred Garvin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter