Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Pix4D Issue

401 Feet

DSAR Member
Reaction score
Hoping someone could help. Was flying a Pix4D mission when about half way through lost the screen for Pix4D. Meaning the screen just froze on me. Just showed all my points acquired already and continued the mission but had no real time updated information on the mission itself. I referred to the controller for drone info but really want to have my progress and info current for the mission. Any input on how to prevent this from occurring again or what may have caused it in the first place?

Last edited:
Hoping someone could help. Was flying a Pix4D mission when about half way through lost the screen for Pix4D. Meaning the screen just froze on me. Just showed all my points acquired already and continued the mission but had no real time updated information on the mission itself. I referred to the controller for drone info but really want to have my progress and info current for the mission. Any input on how to prevent this from occurring again or what may have caused it in the first place?

What iDevice are you using? Is the app updated? Do you have any other app that are working in the background?

Reactions: UpperAerialVision
M

Disconnection?
Make sure your device is in airplane mode. WiFi is very dynamic and has a tendency to hop across frequencies with in its spectrum. Also, the antennas shout be perpendicular to the craft and each other. The iPad can also reflect the signal down.

App crash?
Shut down all other apps running in the background.
Make sure your operating the device within its required temperature range. iPads tend to slow down when operating at the edge of its range right before they overheat. When operating in that temperature to long, apps crash.

Connectivity?
Is the cable between the device and controller solid? Do you find yourself having to plug and unplug it often. The cable could be going bad. Is the controller set to charge the device? Disable that. You don’t need the device performing more calculation while using apps.

Yup!!! Troubleshot everything... In airplane mode with nothing running. Even disconnected during fight, checked everything and tried a reconnect!

Just want to circle back and add to what @UpperAerialVision noted:

Connectivity?
Is the cable between the device and controller solid? Do you find yourself having to plug and unplug it often. The cable could be going bad. Is the controller set to charge the device? Disable that. You don’t need the device performing more calculation while using apps.

I have fixed this problem during my earlier days flying my Inspire 1 and that is by changing all of my cables and for years I have relied on one brand and that is "Anker"

Yup!!! Troubleshot everything... In airplane mode with nothing running. Even disconnected during fight, checked everything and tried a reconnect!

To clarify because you were not very detailed in your original post, the app crashed and you were able to restart the app? Assuming you are using an iPad, did the device overheat? Anyway, once you lose the connection it is lost to the tablet. The aircraft will continue to fly the mission as it has been uploaded into memory. It may, or may not, continue taking photos. I have had both occur.

It was a small job and was using an S8. I never received a connection loss or anything. Just kept flying its mission but the info just froze on the screen. Now to complicate the matter, I used my Go 4 app from DJI today for a job and my drone is now taking 3 photos every 3 seconds during flight. This has never happened and going into my camera settings on the app, they are all greyed out attempting to reset the photo options to a single photo will not work and now can't fly even with my DJI app

It was a small job and was using an S8. I never received a connection loss or anything. Just kept flying its mission but the info just froze on the screen. Now to complicate the matter, I used my Go 4 app from DJI today for a job and my drone is now taking 3 photos every 3 seconds during flight. This has never happened and going into my camera settings on the app, they are all greyed out attempting to reset the photo options to a single photo will not work and now can't fly even with my DJI app

What drone are you flying? I had this similar problem, and what cause it is when I accidentally ran GO 4 and a mapping app in the background (DD)

Reactions: R Martin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164