Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Planning !! or failing to.

I'm wondering if the FAA might be a little more inclined to grant a Part 107.39 waiver if the UAV was equipped with an autonomous parachute deployment system. I realize anything can fail, but that would require a double failure to occur at the same time for someone on the ground to possibly get injured. I have pre-ordered the new ParaZero unit because I'd prefer to utilize a chute system if flying anywhere in the vicinity of people on the ground. They say it doesn't affect satellite reception. We'll see.

How much?

I have a MARS and never liked it -- not that I ever had to use it. Not only do you have to mount the plastic chute spring tube, but you also need to find a place to mount the little plastic box containing the electronics, PLUS you need to also mount a 9v battery somewhere to power it. And the small servo latch that holds the spring tube closed seemed a bit dodgy to me - like it had too much pressure on it and could let go or break. Setup was also somewhat of a pain. I am hoping this new chute system is more contained and easier to set up.

Reactions: BigAl07
I have a MARS and never liked it -- not that I ever had to use it. Not only do you have to mount the plastic chute spring tube, but you also need to find a place to mount the little plastic box containing the electronics, PLUS you need to also mount a 9v battery somewhere to power it. And the small servo latch that holds the spring tube closed seemed a bit dodgy to me - like it had too much pressure on it and could let go or break. Setup was also somewhat of a pain. I am hoping this new chute system is more contained and easier to set up.

The MARS is on my Inspire 1. Tested it and the MAYDAY releases every time. I trust it, but am interested in the ParaZero out of curiosity. Frankly I am a heck of a lot more concerned about the I1P injury potential than the P4P.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV